I need to build a directory with 2 login form for two different level user

I'm trying to set up a directory (using a different theme) with two different level of user. One for merchant and one for vendor. The merchant can add their business and modify it however they like. The vendor can do similar but with limited access to certain directories. What plugin do you recommend and how would I set it up to configure the different levels?

• Tyler Postle

Hey Karly,

Hope your 2015 is going well so far :slight_smile:

You can create your own custom user roles with this plugin here: https://wordpress.org/plugins/user-role-editor/

Then to protect certain directories you can use our Protected Content plugin and apply the appropriate membership to each user.

You can either let the member choose the membership they need at the beginning, during sign up or you can apply manually yourself after :slight_smile:

You likely won't even need to create separate user roles for this. You can just use Protected Content and protect the necessary content for each membership.

How does that sound?

As for the login forms, the way WordPress works is that any login page/form will log them into the network - but you can definitely user a plugin like Pie Register and then create 2 different pages and they can choose then login.

You might want to look into our Directory plugin too :slight_smile:

Let us know if you still need any further assistance here!

All the best,
    Tyler

PS. Protected Content has an add-on so you can protect custom post types post by post.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.