I need to display certain subscribe button based on custom field entry from step 1 of registration p

Hi,

I have added numerous custom fields to step 1 of my registration process using my own add-on.

One of the fields is a checkbox on step 1 of the registration process that relates to a certain membership level (See checkbox on bottom of first screenshot for Affiliate Membership). I then want in step 2 to only display the Normal/Affiliate membership Subscribe button depending on this 'Affiliate Member' checkbox form value(See second screenshot). Does anyone know the best way (where I do not have to amend the core plugin code if possible) so that I can achieve this?

Many thanks,

Al

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Al,

Hey there and welcome to WMPU!

What you’re looking for will require some coding to redirect based on a variable. I’m not a coder so I will give you my no-code workaround :slight_smile:

If you are requiring different information from each type of user I would have them select their membership level first then steer them to the membership specific page you need them to visit You can use a redirect plugin or a simple link depending on what you need.

It’s just a change in workflow that uses the membership buttons to your advantage without having to code anything and allows you to keep everything separate, which it seems like you are trying to do.

Let me know if you think this would be an acceptable option for you!

Best,

Kimberly

• al
    • New Recruit

Hi Kimberley.

Thanks for getting back to me. This might work. Can you explain more? What my client might accept would be the following procedure:

1 user registers and in step1 enters standard membership registration details (user,email, password)

2. user selects membership level (on same/next page? – I could add a dropdown custom field where they select membership level)

3. user is redrected to new(?) data entry page relevant to membership level

4. user then redirected back to normal membership step 2 of reg process which only shows relevant subscribe button.

Is this what you envisage? If you can suggest a way of doing this without coding that would simplify my life!

thanks,

Al

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Al,

What you have described would definitely work.

I’m assuming that you are needing different types of information based on what kind of membership they are getting and that is why you need specific registration data fields?

I believe you can also re-route the landing page from paypal, that might be a better option. i.e.

1. register

2. select subscription, proceed to paypal

3. return to site at page specific to subscription

4. landing is a from that collects additional info

That seems the simplest way to keep everyone from falling all over each other.

What do you think?

Best,

Kimberly

• al
    • New Recruit

Hi Kimberley,

Simplest – yes. Acceptable for my client – probably not sadly :slight_frown:. I am certain they will object to the data not being collected prior to registering/payment. I was hoping you knew a way to split the registration process into a couple of paths with perhaps the relevant subscribe button hard coded on 2 separate step 2 pages?? Any other ideas?

thanks for your thoughts. i still like non-code solutions

al

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Al,

I’m sorry but I think you are looking at a code solution if you want to go that route.

Maybe checkout BuddyPress, their registration form is a bit more customizable and you can use it in bits and pieces without using the whole plugin.

buddypress.org

Is there any specific reason why they can’t have all of the fields on the registration form then have the user select their subscription?

Seems like a simple and straight-forward workflow, depending on your intention.

Best,

Kimberly

• al
    • New Recruit

Hi Kimberly,

Thanks for that. I haven’t got time to look into buddypress at the moment. I will have to look at a coding solution. My clients are very particular in how they want the registration process to work. Is there anyone else who can help with this in terms of coding – I want to try to avoid amending the plugin core code.

Thanks,

Al

• al
    • New Recruit

Hi Kimberly,

many thanks again for continuing to spend time on this. I have looked at the link you included. I think that will only work when members have finished registering (and their membership level has been assigned against the user).

I need to amend step 2 of the actual registration process (where the visitor clicks on the subscribe button but the membership level has not been assigned yet) and display the relevant subscribe button based on the value of a custom checkbox added to step 1 of the reg process.

Thanks for trying

Al

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.