I need to figure out if I should use WP, WPMU or Buddypress

I am redoing a site from the ground up and bought a membership because a lot of your plugins seem to fit my requirements. One of the things I am trying to figure out is how to handle each chapter page. There will be a main website with lots of informational pages, the ability to become a member and register for certain events. We also have 10 local chapters that each have their own informational pages. The chapter coordinators should be able to login and edit their own page but not change content anywhere else in the site. The old site was built using a very complicated system with role scoper and assigning groups. I think it would be a lot simpler to use multi-site or buddypress based on what I have read on your forums. Unless you think one of your other plugins or themes offers me an even simpler solution? (I will be installing your membership, events and enewsletter plugins as well). Thanks for the help!
Samantha

• Ash

Hello there

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

I don't think you will need BuddyPress for it. But you can use WPMU. In that case, how is about dedicating each chapter to a subsite? So, each subsite will be different owners and and they only can edit/change/update their content. And the main site can contain lots of common information.

About the membership, if you want to maintain all subsites(chapters in this case) with single membership management you can use membership globally.

My suggestion will be to setup first in locally or in a test server, play with it, try to setup everything that you need and if you face any problem, make a shout in the forum. Someone among of us will be there for you :slight_smile:

Please let me know if it is helpful and feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.