Membership plugin questions

I need to find a membership plugin that will do the following on a multisite install:

In general, users without membership plans can see only pages on the main site on the network.

Users with membership plans can only see certain categories, but these categories will be on different sites on the network, like this:

User Sally could see site1>category A, C, and D

User Nicole could see site2, category G, M, O, and site1, category A, C and J

User Brenda could see site1, category B, D, J and site3, category H, M, and L

Will the Membership plugin handle this? If not, can anyone point me toward one that will?

Thanks for the help!

P.S. I did read through the documentation that I could find, and I really can't tell if the plugin will be able to handle what I want to do. :slight_smile:

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Raevenne

I hope you are well today.

If I'm understanding this correctly, you want to use membership across the network, rather than on each site correct? If so I'm afraid that this won't work as you want I believe, perhaps this response from our lead developer will help, which you can read here https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/membership-plugin-network-wide#post-355985

Was that you wanted to achieve?

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV member!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Raevenne

Hmmm...So would I be able to accomplish what I want like he says here?

So for network wide protection you will mainly be looking at the other rules such as url groups, shortcodes and more tag protection as your primary rules to use.

Or is Membership just not going to work at all?

I think the basic functionality I'm going to need is rather dynamic, as in each member will have a basic subscription, but their access categories would be added to over time. They'll go to a show, and scan a QR code there, and that action will open up access to any post in a category that's associated with that code. However, members will not necessarily be going to the same shows, and no two members might ever have the same access to the same set of categories across the network. Does that make sense? (if it doesn't, no surprise, that all sounds rather convoluted even to me, and I typed it!)

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Raevenne

I hope that you are well today, first of all I'd like to apologize about the extreme delay with my reply on this issue. I completely missed your previous response.

With regards to the issue at hand, I don't believe that will be possible out of the box personally, as like you say, in a way each membership will be dynamic basically and what they can see and do varies based on what shows they go to and the QR codes they scan, which in this case wouldn't really work, unless maybe it could be each member is assigned the basic subscription and then either maybe manually add the additional access which isn't over practical I imagine, or perhaps and I'm not even sure if this is possible, custom code a script to assign each member a tag/Unique ID, that relates to the membership plugin, which then knows the event they attended by the QR code and shows the appropriate content.

If you did want to hire someone to create that, you could try posting a job here https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/

Thank you! I'm happy to assist further and answer any other questions, again sorry about the extreme delay in my response.

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.