I need to handle taxes for USA state taxes. How do I set

I need to handle taxes for USA state taxes. How do I set that up?

Please advise.

thanks,
Mark

• mark128green
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Ari,
    What i mean is that for payments using Directory... user pays money via their credit cards... when they make that payment in the USA, the government in some States requires that a sales tax be collected. Does the Directory plugin payment schema support such tax collections or is that handle through the payment gateway ... in our case Authorize.net?

Clear?

thanks,
    Mark

• mark128green

Ari,
    As per your suggestion, I downloaded, activated, and setup MarketPress. However in setting it up, it is not clear to me how to link it to the Directory payment schema. Can you advise on how to make this link. My interest is to have the MarketPress payment flow from the Directory payment process. Can you advise.

thanks,
    Mark

• Arnold
    • El Macho WP

It takes a bit of custom coding. There is a filter "directory_full_access" that you can hook. If it returns true then you have access to adding and editing listings. If false then you don't. You put in the filter whatever logic you need to decide whether a particular user should have access.

In this it's membership. This thread has the start of the code as an example.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/using-membership-and-directory-together

• mark128green

Arnold,
    I read through the thread, spent some time thinking about it, and have some concerns about custom codings, as I am not a PHP expert.

1, Uncertainty on work product from "premium" job listing as venue to hire programmers.

2, If code is good at low cost, then how do I maintain while continuing to update plugins + WP versions + Buddypress versions.

Beyond taxes, the other appeal of Marketpress is its ability to handle variable pricing through coupons. Is there anyway to simulate this in the Directory payment schema?

Thanks,
    Mark

• mark128green

OK. I get that.

Now for the tricky question. Am simply interested in replacing the back-end payment process in Directory with that of Marketpress (I have not interest in products, putting them in shopping carts, etc. : I just want the back-end payment process).

Unless I am mistaken, your thread treated "turning on" directory access as a product that you could buy using the marketplace product posting, picking, cart, and payment processes.

Is it possible to simply insert a redirect inside Directory to point to the Marketpress payment process to complete the payment function?

What would be the hook for that?

While I am not a PHP expert, I am game to take a look.

Alternatively, if I were to hire someone for this work, what would i expect to pay in USD?

thanks,
    Mark

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.