I need to make MarketPress match the look of the rest

I need to make MarketPress match the look of the rest of the site. I am using the Canvas theme from WooThemes as the main template. This is what the Store style message under settings/presentation says:
"This option changes the built-in css styles for store pages.
For a custom css style, save your css file with the "MarketPress Style: NAME" header in the "/xxx/xxx/public_html/xxx.com/wp-content/marketpress-styles/" folder and it will appear in this list so you may select it. You can also select "None" and create custom theme templates and css to make your own completely unique store design."

Here's my problem: There is no folder/directory called "marketpress-styles" in the wp-content folder. I found an icons.css file in wp-content/plugins/marketpress/marketpress-includes/themes.

Is this where I would put my revised styles? OR should I use the icons.css file to make my changes?

In addition, I am finding inline styles when I inspect certain elements, such as product images. How do I override those when (as I understand it) inline styles take precedent over style sheets.

here's some css I need to change: .entry img, img.thumbnail, #portfolio .group.portfolio-img img {
background: none repeat scroll 0 0 rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.7);
border: 1px solid #000;
height: auto;
padding: 0 !important;
}

This is noted as being located in inline style #3, line 117 (store/products/product_name/#3)

To sum up, I need to know how to customize my store to match the rest of the site. There are two issues: where the styles for customizing marketplace reside and how do I get rid of or override those inline styles?

I have a problem with your documentation: it is pretty out of date. I have looked at the docs/videos for a couple of other problems I have and the instructions do not match the interface or the locations of files are different, etc. I can usually follow instructions pretty well and updated documentation would help tremendously and avoid wasting time in the support area. It would also save the time of the support people.

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Helen, hope you're doing well this evening! :slight_smile:

Here's my problem: There is no folder/directory called "marketpress-styles" in the wp-content folder.

That /marketpress-styles folder will need to be created first, we'll need to note that in the future. :slight_smile:

In addition, I am finding inline styles when I inspect certain elements, such as product images. How do I override those when (as I understand it) inline styles take precedent over style sheets.

here's some css I need to change: .entry img, img.thumbnail, #portfolio .group.portfolio-img img {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.7);
    border: 1px solid #000;
    height: auto;
    padding: 0 !important;
    }

This is noted as being located in inline style #3, line 117 (store/products/product_name/#3)

While not ideal, you can try using !important statements of your own , perhaps even adding in the body class for those entries, like this:

body .entry img, body img.thumbnail, body #portfolio body .group.portfolio-img img

Hope this helps, let me know if I can be of further assistance here please! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Helen

Thanks Michael. Sorry for my delay in replying.

I started working with the icons.css file before I got your response and those changes seem to be working. I tried the !important option and it worked in some of the css...at least so far. There were a couple of places where that did not override the inline stuff, but I am working with that.

Do I need to create the marketpress-styles folder or will that be created automatically? If I have to create that folder, how do I tell Wordpress/MarketPress to find the icons.css there? Also, if I update MarketPress, will the update write over my changes? I have the css file on my computer, but it would be good to know that I might have to update the css.

Thanks! Please update the documentation!
    Helen

• Ash

Hello @Helen

I hope you are well today.

Do I need to create the marketpress-styles folder or will that be created automatically?

You need to created that :slight_smile:

If I have to create that folder, how do I tell Wordpress/MarketPress to find the icons.css there?

You don't need to, the plugin will find it automatically.

Also, if I update MarketPress, will the update write over my changes?

No, it won't be overwritten as the files are in outside of plugins folder :slight_smile:

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.