I need to map a domain for personalem.orbiweb.net

I need to map a domain for personalem.orbiweb.net to personalem.com but I can't do it!...

I have followed all the steps, and I waited 72 hours to the DNS propagation, but it didn't work the domain map

Any idea?

Thanks in advance!

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Danilo, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

Have you set up a dedicated IP for your site yet? If not, you'll want to obtain one, and make sure that the DocumentRoot for it is pointed at your Multisite install.

When I enter the IP address for your site presently, I end up coming across this page:

http://162.254.252.102/cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi

I should be taken to the main site when the IP address is entered, seeing a page like this one is usually a sign that the DocumentRoot hasn't been pointed at the Multisite.

If you're not sure on how to set that up, I would advise reaching out to your host about it, so that they can get this up and running for you. :slight_smile:

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Ash

Hello @Danilo

I hope you are well today.

Well, your screenshot doesn't ensure that the IP is pointed to main site. Document root means the folder where outside world have read access through the browser :slight_smile:

We have a dedicated server, but it is used to host others websites too... Is it necessary to get a dedicated server exclusively by the multisite?

No, you can host as many sites as you want, but the key point is to point the dedicated IP to the main site only.

How to map a domain in a shared hosting?

It doesn't matter if you are in a shared hosting or in a dedicated hosting, the procedure is same.

Let me simplify the procedure.

For example, your main site is network.com
    You have two subsites:
    1. one.network.com
    2. two.network.com
    These two subsites you want to map with following domains repectively:
    1. one.com
    2. two.com

So, if anyone enter one.com in the browser, it should show the site of one.network.com. Same for two.com

So, there are two scenarios now. Either you own all the domains, or you don't. First I think you own all the domains.

network.com site is hosted in a hosting whose nameservers are:
    ns1.networkhost.com
    ns2.networkhost.com

So, you have entered these nameservers for network.com domain panel. You have to set same nameservers for one.com and two.com domains too.

Then you will add one.com and two.com domains as parked on domain in the same hosting of network.com, and make sure you point them to the network.com wordpress root folder. So that if any one enter one.com or two.com it shows network.com site.

After that, you will add the domains in corresponding subsites using domain panel plugin, and the mapped domain will start working.

Now, if you don't own the domains, then you will need a dedicated IP. I know you won't have access to the domain panel of your customers so that you can't set name servers in there. So, you will pass them you IP and they need to set a DNS record for their domain and point to that IP. Only then domain panel will work. In this case, the IP needs to be pointed to main site, that means, if you enter the IP in the browser, the main site will be loaded. Maybe your host can help with this.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.