I need to provide limited access to team members to wpmu forum

Hi, I am building a wordpress multisite network and want to give access to one of my team members without sharing my username password to the WPMUDEV resources. but I want to limit him on how he can use it.. as in link which domains he can use the plugins on, disallow him to download plugins but only install plugins through dashboard etc. and ask questions here in the forum when he is getting stuck. Is there a way i can achieve that - any plugin or how can configure the API - kindly let me know.

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @Tk,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Hi, I am building a wordpress multisite network and want to give access to one of my team members without sharing my username password to the WPMUDEV resources.

Do you want to give your team members access to your WordPress multisite network without sharing WPMU DEV log in credentials?

but I want to limit him on how he can use it.. as in link which domains he can use the plugins on,

So do you want to give him access of your entire WordPress multisite network but restrict them access of some of the plugins in some sub sites of the network?

Then why are you granting them multisite network access instead of specific site access?

disallow him to download plugins but only install plugins through dashboard etc.

Do you mean from WPMU DEV Dashboard?

and ask questions here in the forum when he is getting stuck.

So will you ask questions on the forum on behalf of him?

Please advise.

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Tk

I think you did not understand my question. I have a freelancer team member who is helping me in building this multisite website using WPMUDEV plugins as there are multiple parts.

He needs to understand how the plugin scenarios work when he gets stuck, have access to support - but i dont want him to use the premium plugins available here for other sites he may be building for other clients etc. and not being able to download the plugins.

Is there a way i can restrict access.

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi @Tk,

Thank you for your reply.

Your question wasn't that much clear so i asked you some questions to make it clear.

He needs to understand how the plugin scenarios work when he gets stuck, have access to support - but i dont want him to use the premium plugins available here for other sites he may be building for other clients etc. and not being able to download the plugins.

You can install our WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin on any of your site and log in to the WPMU DEV Dashboard using WPMU DEV account then create a user account on that site for your team member so that he can ask the support question from the following path without downloading WPMU DEV plugins/themes.

Admin Area -> WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Requests

But to reply created support thread he has to log in to the WPMU DEV forum and if he logins using your WPMU DEV account then there isn't any way to restrict him from downloading the WPMU DEV plugins/themes.

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.