I need to redirect subscription payment button to a specific page

Dear WPMU Team,

pls let me know how and where I can change the link from the single subscription button on front end to a specific website. I am working with share-it / international ecommerce. I need to forward each different subscription to a specific page for payment.
(the user should be redirected to another page as soon as he needs to make his payment. )

As soon as I solved this issue and know where I can insert the right link on a php file - I can establish an affilate program.

I have the same issue for marketpress. If you could explain me where I can change the links for that plugin it would be really great.

Thank you very much for your support.
Best regards
Ratschi

• aristath

Hello there @ratschi, I hope you're well today!

I need to forward each different subscription to a specific page for payment.

So each subscription will have a different</strong payment page?
    I'm afraid that the payment page is one and only. In order to use multiple payment pages depending on the subscription level you'd have to change A LOT of things...
    Perhaps if you could elaborate we would be able to find a better solution.
    Why do you want a different page for the payment of each level? What will one payment page have different than the other?
    Perhaps you can accomplish this using one page for the payment, but its content will change depending on the level of the user?

I have the same issue for marketpress. If you could explain me where I can change the links for that plugin it would be really great.

Again, I'm going to need some more info. Which links do you want to change? What do you want to change to them? Is it simply the URL? its content? its template?

Please advise,
    Ari.

• ratschi

Dear Ari,

thanks for your mail.

I would like to work with share-it together. http://www.mycommerce.com/de/share-it
    The company is providing all payment services including paypal. It has been recommended to me 100 times. Furthermore, they have an affiliate network as well. So its pretty easy for me to obtain publishers promoting my subscriptions.

On share it I can create a product for example subscription "25pics for 22,5€". For this created product I can generate a link that will automatically forward to an external website (just a page) where the users have to enter their details to make a payment.

this generated link from share it I insert here > http://www.bilderbearbeitenlassen.com/abo-preise-registrieren/?action=registeruser&subscription=1

> so after a new user would like to subscribe to one of my offered subscription he will be forwarded to the this page (see screenshot) after pressing on subscribe - he will be forwarded to paypal. The link that forwards the user to paypal should be exchanged to the link of share it.

>>The differences between the subscriptions are just the prices nothing else.
    >> Just the url to the payment service will be changed.

>>>Perhaps you can accomplish this using one page for the payment, but its content will change depending on the level of the user?

I believe thats a good idea - then I have to find out with shareit if I can generated a link / page where all subscriptions are listed and then the user could choose from there. So that would mean that I just have to change one url from the membership plugin as soon as someone would like to subscribe.

(I have been thinking about this solution for 5 minutes now and thought about each step of the user so that he does not get confused. This page > http://www.bilderbearbeitenlassen.com/abo-preise-registrieren/ > where the user can see all subscriptions on one site is pretty organized. I would like to keep that in this way. The next page -screenshot - there the user can insert a coupon code, but that is not an issue because I can create a coupon code on the generated sharit payment page as well. So I will just deactivate the coupon code on membership plugin. Do you really think it is very difficult to change the url of each different subscriptions button (seen on screenshot). I thought I just edit a php that is for a specific subscription and exchange the url that forwards the user to the payment service. >> maybe I repeat myself now but I would like to explain it well. On share it I can create all subscriptions as single products and generate a link for each product /subscription. If for an example a user clicks on subscription 50 I have a specific url from sharit where the user can insert his details and will just pay for the chosen subscription. The user can cancel his sub. on share it as well.)

pls let me know

thank you very much
    best regards
    ratschi

• aristath

The company is providing all payment services including paypal.

Why would you want to use another company for that? I mean, membership can already handle all sorts of payment gateways:

• amazon
    • authorize.net
    • google wallet
    • paypal express
    • paypal pro
    • 2checkout

Especially if you use paypal-pro, you'll be able to completely hide the fact that you're using paypal and accept all credit cards directly in your own site! It certainly sounds to me a lot more professional than having the client pay to a 3rd company that will then tranfer the money to your account. There's no reason to add another intermediate in this payment process...

Furthermore, they have an affiliate network as well. So its pretty easy for me to obtain publishers promoting my subscriptions.

Why not simply use the Affiliates plugin: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wordpress-mu-affiliate/ ?
    It integrates perfectly with the Membership plugin and you can have access to everything! your site, your database, your files. You can change whatever you want, integrate them better in your website and you won't be at the mercy of another company in terms of how they handle your afiliates network!

On share it I can create a product for example subscription "25pics for 22,5€". For this created product I can generate a link that will automatically forward to an external website (just a page) where the users have to enter their details to make a payment.

You can do the same with Membership, with the exception that you won't have to generate any links etc and your clients won't be forwarded to an external website.

> so after a new user would like to subscribe to one of my offered subscription he will be forwarded to the this page (see screenshot) after pressing on subscribe - he will be forwarded to paypal. The link that forwards the user to paypal should be exchanged to the link of share it.

If you really want to do this, then I guess the easiest way would be to create a custom payment gateway that will have the links hard-coded. You can create a payment gateway by copying one of the already existing ones and edit it.

Do you really think it is very difficult to change the url of each different subscriptions

Yes, I honestly think it will be difficult.
    I mean ok, you can probably change the url by editing 1-2 lines in a php file.
    BUT what happens after that? the user pays off-site. How will membership know that the user has payed so that it grants permission to the appropriate access levels?

I know this post doesn't actually solve any issues, it's simply more food for thought.

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.