I need to test CoursePress Pro on a RTL deployment of WordPress.

I have done testing the English version of CoursePress Pro and now need to test it on a “Right To Left” language deployment of WordPress.

How do I do this please ?

• Merv
    • Flash Drive

Hi

I managed to install CoursePress Pro on a Arabic WordPress deployment. My challenge is to change the CoursePress Pro “field labels” that appear on the published course/unit pages to Arabic.

I was previously advised that the plugin’s terms have been localised to Arabic as per the following link:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/translate/projects/cp/ar/default?page=1

But I am not quite sure how to make them reflect in the course/unit pages. Also, I was told that those terms can edited and saved, but I could not figure out is where to make those changes and save them as some of those translated Arabic terms are not the best terms to use (I haven’t checked all of them).

Thank you

Merv

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hello Merv,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

The best way is, create another WordPress separate install in a subdirectory of your RTL language and test it there.

For example, if your main site is in English, then it will stay on main domain. For Arabic/Hebrew create a new folder in the directory where you have installed WordPress and name it ar or he.

So the new site URL will be something like below:

domain.com/he

or

domain.com/ar

You can also, use WordPress MultiSites too, that is easier than above. Since all sites in MultiSites network share the same plugins and theme files that are easier to manage.

For other languages, you can either create subdomains (ar.domain.com) or sub directory setup (domain.com/he) similar to above.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Best Regards,

Sajid – WPMU DEV Support

• Merv
    • Flash Drive

Thank you. I have did just that. but I have another question please.

I managed to install CoursePress Pro on a Arabic WordPress deployment. My challenge is to change the CoursePress Pro “field labels” that appear on the published course/unit pages to Arabic.

I was previously advised that the plugin’s terms have been localised to Arabic as per the following link:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/translate/projects/cp/ar/default?page=1

But I am not quite sure how to make them reflect in the course/unit pages. Also, I was told that those terms can edited and saved, but I could not figure out is where to make those changes and save them as some of those translated Arabic terms are not the best terms to use (I haven’t checked all of them).

Thank you

Merv

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hello Merv,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

That is the best way to start. I mean download the translation files from CoursePress Pro translation page on your computer and install on your website.

If the existing terms are not a good fit and not providing the exact meaning in Arabic then you can edit the cp-ar.po file using a software like PoEdit or Loco Translate.

For more information about translations, PoEdit and translations files, read this post published on our blog.

If you have any more questions, please don’t hesitate to start a new thread. This will help us manage each issue in its own ticket.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,

Sajid – WPMU DEV Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.