I need to translate everything to spanish, where do I do that?

I need to custom all the plugin (what the users see of course) to Spanish. Where can I do that? I already made some changes with the short codes, but I need more.

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi Daniela,

It tells you the locations to upload your .mo files on the translations manual page.

Using Translations

Making use of translation files is easy. As mentioned above, the .mo file is what WordPress uses for the translation. You can just drop the .mo file in the appropriate languages folder. You’ll want to be sure you’ve also configured WordPress for your language as noted below.

Rather than put translation files in the associated plugin/theme language folders, it is highly recommended to put them in the following global locations so they are not erased on plugin/theme autoupdates like so:

Plugins: /wp-content/languages/plugins/textdomain-locale.mo
    Themes: /wp-content/languages/themes/textdomain-locale.mo

To edit the language .po files you will need a tool called poedit from http://poedit.net

If there's already a spanish translation that's completed (in our translations section, you can simply upload the .mo file to the /wp-content/languages/plugins folder.

Hope this helps

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.