I need to verify the email adresses when somebody

Hello,

I need to verify the email adresses when somebody is registrating on the site. I use the default membership (free), so the visitors are to registrate in the frontend, using the Membership 2 registration form.

Help would be much apreciated - Thank You

Guido

• Guido
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Predrag,

I dont want to approve new users manualy. I just want them to confirm their email, same as on a newsletter signup.

When a user signs up for a default membership, he becomes inmediately access, no matter if he has entered his email adress or a fake email adress. An email to set his password is being sent, but the user is already in as a default member.

I checked out the e-newsletter plugin as a workaround. There is an option for double opt in. But I could not activate it. I checked the box but new users are still not asked to verify their adress! So I hope I made a mistake and did not configure it right. Otherwise this plugin does not work in europe where double opt in is mandatory.

Can You help further?

Best Regards, Guido

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Guide!

The Membership 2 Pro doesn't include the confirmation/double opt-in option but I think that'd be a great feature so I'm moving this thread to our "Features and Feedback" forum and hopefully more members of our community will give it a vote. If it gains enough support from WPMU DEV members our developers may decide to implement it in future.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.