I need tutorial

Hi I need tutorial on using the plug-in I have clue how to work it, I did all the config but see no comments on my pages?

• Luís
    • Support

Hi Wynand ,

Hope you're doing well today!

In the "Usage" section of the plugin's page, you can find some information about how configure the plugin:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/comments-plus/#usage

However, the comments may not be displayed in the pages due to several reasons. By default, comments are disabled in the pages, we need to activate them:

1) Click in the "Screen Options" in the top right of the page and then check the "Discussion":

2) In the "Discussion" section, check the field "Allow Comments".

If you already did this, it can be a plugin conflict, the theme is not using comments on pages or not using the right hooks to display the comment form.

In order to help you better, can you give us access to your admin panel, so we can investigate further?

If you don't already know, please, follow the link below, to see how enable the staff login:

http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

When you enable this option, please post again!

Cheers, Luís

• Luís
    • Support

Hi Wynand ,

Hope you're doing well today!

I gave a look in your website and Comments + is working as expected. There is some misconfiguration in the styles, but this may be related to the page template:

Also, some of the page templates (i.e Content page template) don't have the hook to the comments form, so, it will not work in this page template, you will need to edit and add it, like:

if ( comments_open() || get_comments_number() ) {
    	comments_template();
    }

Please let me know if you have any doubt/difficulty in implementing this, or if I am missing something.

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.