I noticed today that the admin panel for one site

I noticed today that the admin panel for one site is running very slow. Its on the same VPS as the rest of my sites and they are running fine. I tried deactivating all plugins, optimizing and repairing the database, and nothing has worked. Any suggestions from people who have experienced this?

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

hiya

thanks for posting.

have you checked your servers access logs in CPanel? maybe webalizer. look if there’s any unusual high page requests and so on?

you could also check with your host to see if they have any info related to that site.

hope this helps.

thanks

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

You could also check the memory being used on your site.

Something like this will help:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-memory-usage/

If needed then you will have to increase the memory.

You could edit your php.ini file or add your own (depending on setup):

memory_limit = 256M

httaccess:

php_value memory_limit 256M

If your PHP supports then you can edit your wp-config.php file and add the following line:

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '96MB');

You would change the memory in those to whatever it is you require.

If you are not sure how or have further issues then it would be best to ask your host to help you out with this one.

Remember, the more code you’re running the more memory it will required.

It might not be the case, but worth a look to be sure.

Hopefully this might help.

Take care.

• satori83
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

@timothy Bowers I tried that plugin and it spit out these numbers (45.1 of 386 MByte)

@vaughan I did check the Webalizer, but there was so much info I didnt know what to look at. It shows that there are lots of hits, but this is a frequented site normally. Is it possible a file got corrupted somehow?

• satori83
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Yes I was aware of this and had a script installed on my VPS so it requires a passwrd before you can even get to the login page…..

I feel like I read somewhere that if your having issues you could grab a copy of WP and replace some of the core files to fix it, but I forget the specifics, does this sound familiar to you?

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

If you feel there could be an issue with your files or that they might have been compromised in some way then it wouldn't hurt to refresh them. If you go that route then be sure to backup your wp-config, htaccess and /wp-contents/, this is where your uploads are stored.

In fact keep a total back up to be sure.

Have you tried something like Chrome developer tools or Firebug?

Maybe just take a look what is actually loading each time and what's taking so long.

It might help you narrow the issue down before considering removing and replacing files.

Here are some sample screenshots of these tools.

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.