I now there has been some discussion on this topic but all

I now there has been some discussion on this topic but all of them seem pretty outdated, so I wanted to make sure i understood. What is the default role created on prosites and how can I auto assign “editor” role to newly created subsites once registered on prosites? Also is their a plugin that can customize what they can see too?

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey Jason,

I hope you’re well today and thank you for your question!

What is the default role created on prosites and how can I auto assign “editor” role to newly created subsites once registered on prosites?

The rule of a thumb here is that every user that sign up for his/her own site with Pro Sites, thus creates a sub-site, becomes an admin of this particular sub-site he/she has just created. I’m not sure if changing this would make any sense since the whole point of letting people to sign up to create sub-sites is to allow them to run their own webpages :slight_smile:

If by “editor” role you mean an “editor” as in:

1) admins of their own sub-sites are also editors of your main site and/or

2) users registered on sub-sites (but not its admins) are editors of these subsites

and, actually, any other combination then you may want to give this plugin a try to setup custom default roles/capabilities:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/multisite-user-management/

I hope that helps and if you have any further questions, I’ll be glad to assist!

Cheers,

Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.