No Access Level assigned

I originally posted this issue yesterday as a part-two of a problem I was having, but since it is now on page two of the forum, I'll split it into a new post.

I can sign up as a test user, the account is created, but no Access Level becomes associated with it as defined in my Subscription Plans panel.

I tried deactivating all my other plugins to see if there was a conflict, but it did not help.

This may be due to a legacy left in my database by another membership plugin I had once tried: s2Member. I followed these instructions ( https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/membership-replaces-s2member-but ) to remove s2Member codes from my database, but I fear there may still be some residual problems.

What else should I be looking out for?

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @dep

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Don't worry about your question being on page 2, the staff member attending to your request would be notified of your response and would reply in due course, :slight_smile:
    Normally I'd ask that the conversation was continued there, but as my colleague @Patrick Cohen is off for the weekend we'll continue here :slight_smile:

Can you go to membership > options > advance > verify and then click repair please? And advise if it works then please :slight_smile:

I'm here to assist :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @dep

Thanks for the additional information.

Can you tell me the following please, so I can help you pinpoint this issue? :slight_smile:

Which rules are you using? Positive or negative?

Which payment gateways do you have active?

Are you using Finite, Indefinite or Serial subscriptions?

Please advise.

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• dep
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Jack,

I am following negative rules - certain sections of the site are listed as restricted for normal users and the paid subscription unlocks everything (there are no rules associated with the level). There are only two Access Levels - one for people who haven't subscribed and one for paid subscribers.

As for payment gateways, I only have Paypal Express active.

The subscription plans are as follows:
    Monthly subscriber ($2.00 per month)
    Premium subscriber ($20.00 per year)
    Test ($0.00 per year - I intend on removing this once everything is working)

For testing purposes, I have a coupon code set up as well, for a 100% discount for any subscription plan - "GRATWEET"

Thanks for your help, Jack! I'll owe you a beer if you ever visit Ottawa.

• dep
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey guys, I'm still totally stuck trying to understand why this isn't working. How do I get Membership to assign an Access Level upon registration? I've gone through the PDF manual step by step several times, I've done everything right as far as I can see, but still it creates the user and then says "You do not currently have any subscriptions in place. You can sign up for a new subscription by selecting one below" What should I be trying to change?

Does Membership add entries in the Users > Edit User > Role drop down? Because I don't see any Membership-specific Roles there.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @dep

I hope you are well today, sorry about the delay.

Thanks for the additional information, much appreciated, it sounds like you have done everything correctly.

Membership should be adding the access level upon successful payment, with the payments, is the payment cleared in your PayPal Account or pending? You can check your registered members in membership > members and there it should show the subscription level, access level and the gateway that was used. Could I have a screenshot of that page please?

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• dep
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Jack,

Here is a screenshot. None of that information seems to be registered with the user "test" ... the other account is my admin account.

Perhaps I have to configure something on the Paypal side? Because I'm not seeing anything in my History there. I double-checked my Gateways setup for Paypal Express and it seems to be configured correctly, with no typos in the Paypal Email name.

• dep
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

After rechecking the Membership manual, it states that "...which means you won’t need to set a specific IPN within Paypal itself" so I turned it off in PayPal. No dice, though, it's still not connecting the account with a subscription plan/access level.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @dep

Thanks for the additional information, can I get some login details to check this please?

Is it a live site that you have customers using?

- In the subject field add "Attn: Jack Kitterhing"
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include admin/network access
    - Include database access, (PHPmyadmin or similar) (very important).
    - Include FTP
    - Include any relevant URLS for your site

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Please note, that I'll be going offline for today shortly, but I'll be sure to check tomorrow of course :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Dep,

After checking, checking and then double triple checking, I think I may have found a couple of possible issues.

In membership > membership pages, you have the Registration completed page, account page and subscriptions page, are all set as the same page. These should be separate pages and not the same page.

The next possible issue is after checking your premium access level, it has no rules defined at least one rule must be defined for the plugin to function.

Please could you make these edits and then try again?

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• dep
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

BOOM! That did it! THANK YOU JACK!

I though I'd streamline things a bit by using the shortcodes all on one page, but that was a no-no. I also added a rule to the paid membership access level.

Jack, I owe you a beer. Thanks a skillion for all your hard work!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.