I purchased a marketplace theme. I installed the Theme

Hi, I purchased a marketplace theme. I installed the Theme Check plugin. When I ran it on my site, there were countless (maybe over 100) warnings and recommendations. I then went to http://www.themecheck.org, and uploaded the theme there. The theme got a zero score. I wrote to the theme company. They told me that the theme is fine. There are things that Theme Check picks up as wrong because the theme is not a general blogging theme and it doesn't use just simple coding like other blogging themes. That is why it appears like there are so many errors, but actually there aren't.
Can I get a second opinion on this, please? Should I buy a new theme or is he right?
I really like the theme and may not be able to afford a new theme. Is it possible to fix these errors? Any input will be appreciated.
Thank you.

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Sim,

Hope you're doing well today!

Often some warnings/notices are there because the developer wants to maintain compatibility with older versions of WP, PHP, etc. However, it sounds like there is room for improvement in this case.

Another situation could be if the theme has a features that aren't really standard to WP, custom page builders, custom integration, etc. those could end up receiving lower scores.

If the theme is from a trusted developer then I would think it would still be okay.

I know that isn't really a clear answer, but it will differ a lot theme to theme. Let us know if you have further questions.

Cheers,
    Tyler

As for fixing the errors, it depends what they are. You could ask the developer about that as they would know the theme best.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.