I purchased a subscription to Coursepress Pro so I could

I purchased a subscription to Coursepress Pro so I could run the latest plugin updates. I got an email with a link to the Dev Dashboard install and tried to do that today manually, but got an error message saying update failed. I see the Dashboard plug in listed in Wordpress, but there is no option to "activate" or "update" just to Deactivate or Edit.

From what I've read, I need the dashboard installed so I can activate my Coursepress Pro plugin...which is still in "red" and can not be updated either.

• Vaughan

Hi Jane,

That's strange. Do you see the WPMUDEV menu in your dashboard>

By default the dashboard plugin can only be viewed by the admin that activates it.

Can you try de-activating and then enable it again? You should then see the WPMUDEV in the admin menu.

If this still isn't present.

Add the following line to your wp-config.php

define( 'WPMUDEV_LIMIT_TO_USER', '1' );

change 1 to your admin user id.

You will then need to login to DEV via the dashboard using your DEV credentials for the account you are using now.

Hopefully that should get you going.

Incidently though, you do not actually require the dashboard plugin to use Coursepress.

You could download the coursepress plugin from the project page & install it manually.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/coursepress-pro/

If you have a previous version of coursepress installed, de-activate it first and then remove it. You can then install the latest version (Your DB settings and data will be untouched)

Or you can navigate to /wp-content/plugins

Delete the coursepress folder.

Then upload the coursepress folder from the zipfile you downloaded. to the /plugins folder.

If all that fails;

Can you send your details using the following contact form (select i have a different question from the dropdown.)

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Mark for attn: Vaughan
    Include a ref URL to this thread.

Please include the following details;
    - Site login details (super-admin if on multisite)
    - FTP login details so I can take a look at the plugin files & install it for you.

Hope this helps

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.