I purchased your SignUp Code and installed it and it works

Hello,

I purchased your SignUp Code and installed it and it works fine in Multisite, but it is limited beyond the scope of why I bought it.

Is there a way to make more than one Signup code as I needed the code to be individualized to each subdomain of the multisite as they are separate and distinct sites.

While the plugin is Multisite compatible in that it doesn’t break the WordPress Development, it doesn’t fulfill what it should as a full Multisite Development either working off of subdomains and or subdirectories.

What do you suggest? Is there a way you could work on implementing such an update in the next go around? That would be swell!

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there ptsupport,

Thanks for posting on the forums and thanks for being a WPMU DEV member.

Is there a way to make more than one Signup code as I needed the code to be individualized to each subdomain of the multisite as they are separate and distinct sites

Unfortunately its not possible out of the box as Multisite registration happens on the network site level and not the subsite level. All the users are created on the network site and added to the subsite they initiated the registration from.

Something like this will require some custom coding where it can generate a unique code for the subsites, then while a user is signing up, checks where the user wants to register and accordingly checks for the signup code from the database.

Let me see if our second level support can give us some direction here.

I have also moved this to “Features and Feedback” so that we can look forward to add something like that in the future versions.

One of our SLS guys should be around soon.

Cheers, PC

• Saurabh
    • New Recruit

Hi there!

Whether we add this in future versions would depend upon more users’ feedback. The purpose of this plugin is to just add a simple layer of security by asking for a sign up code that’s only known to the network administrator and the user.

To make it work for your scenario will need extensive modifications and quite a rewrite.

Let’s wait to see how popular this request is and then we can assess further.

Best

Saurabh

• dmuchnok
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

FYI – and this might be Overkill, but you can use the Membership plugin for this. You would have to activate Membership on each subsite that you wanted to control, but the plugin has a lot of great features for signup codes, including single-use codes.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @dan

Membership is a huge plugin, most of the users don’t want to install a big plugin for doing a small job. If he doesn’t need other membership features, it won’t be helpful rather it will increase the run time. But thanks for your suggestion on this :slight_smile:

Cheers

Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.