i ran a backup (not

hi i ran a backup (not a snapshot) of my webiste. I would like to download to my desktop server, but when i try to do that it seems that the database either does not exist or my desktop server can't find it. either way, i don't know how to proceed.

• Rupok

Hi jean,

So sorry to hear the inconvenience. Can you please go to your My Websites section in the Hub and click on the domain name from which you created that backup. Then go to the "Backups" tab. There you will see your managed backups listed. Click on the download link and follow the instructions there. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

It will show you a popup with two files to download. Download both and extract the "snapshot-installer.php" archive file. After extracting, you will get the original "snapshot-installer.php" file. Now upload this PHP file and the backup file on your local server. Then open
    "http://localserverurl/snapshot-installer.php" on your browser. It will show you instructions to restore that backup.

In this way, you can restore the managed backup on your local server.

I believe, these will help. Please let us know if you still have any confusion or any further query. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• jean

hi,
    i have done what you said countless times and there is apparently no database in the file...or my desktop server cannot see it. so the upload to my desktop server fails every time. so i have deleted plugins to see if that is the problem...but it still does not work. i have no idea how to proceed...so i gave you access to my account...but no one ever tried to acces it.... i got a message that no one from wpmudev was available.

• jean

hi ruport,

i haven't heard back from you..? are you still there? i did a scan and got an output file..it seems that perhaps the difficulty with the backup is due to previous plugins that i have deleted...but they're not totally gone? i.e. i was using autoptimize and wp super cache and product bundles. so i see lots of errors in the scan log about these plugins...even though they have bee removed. so, how do i delete them? or do you have any suggestions for how i would proceed?

• Rupok

Hi jean,

So sorry for the delay from our end and I do apologize for this. We try to reply older threads first but every time you put a new reply, your thread becomes a fresh new one and goes down in the queue. That's why the delay happened.

In your screenshot, I found that you tried to go to "http://localserverurl/snapshot-installer.php". I'm sorry but I should have mentioned it before that you will need to replace "localserverurl" with your localhost website URL where you are trying to import the backup.

From your screenshot, I'm a bit confused about the restoration process you are following on your local server. As it's on your computer, it's not possible for us to try and fix it there. But if I can see what steps you went through, then I could give you a solid solution I believe.

It's already been long with this issue. To facilitate and escalate this process, can you please create a screencast video of the total process you went through? That will help us to find out what's going wrong over there.

Please share that video with us. I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.