I really need to understand this.... I will attach 2

I really need to understand this....

I will attach 2 images.which is from a MULTI SITE NETWORK DEMO I created...
so its not the head admin..Its a User site...

1-aff.jpg - What is this...Is this the opportunity where they can Promote my website
and get Sign up refferals? If so, where do I see the UNIVERSAL Affiliate link?
it seems to happened something after you updated the plugin just recently...
The aff link just dissapeared...

2-Aff.jpg - What is this..As they can change texts and settings and upload their own banners etc?
can you disable this? And what is the Purpose of these links? Is it if they want to run ttheir own affiliate program
from webshop sales etc?

But lets say I also want them to only be able to promote My website?
And get access to the Affiliate link + banners...and not an entire Affiliate SYSTEM...
How do I remove 2-aff.pg ?

thanks

• Tyler Postle

Hey Alexander,

Hope you've been enjoying your membership with WPMU Dev thus far :slight_smile:

1-aff.jpg - What is this...Is this the opportunity where they can Promote my website
    and get Sign up refferals? If so, where do I see the UNIVERSAL Affiliate link?
    it seems to happened something after you updated the plugin just recently...
    The aff link just dissapeared...

Yes, exactly, it will track sign ups. You can activate the Membership and MarketPress add-ons to further the functionality. Then you can payout a commission of each sale (MarketPress) or a dollar amount for each Membership sign up. You can set the dollar amount for each subscription plan too. There are also add-ons for the Directory plugin as well as the Pro-Sites plugin!

By Universal do you mean where do you set the link that each affiliate link sends too? This is set in the Affiliates > Settings menu. I have attached an image to illustrate. Each user can find their unique affiliate link (for tracking purposes) under Users > Affiliate Profiles > The small "edit" button on the far right of the highlights notice box - image attached.

Which menu disappeared for you? The Affiliate Referrals one?

2-Aff.jpg - What is this..As they can change texts and settings and upload their own banners etc?
    can you disable this? And what is the Purpose of these links? Is it if they want to run ttheir own affiliate program
    from webshop sales etc?

You can upload banners that can be used by your affiliates. These can be used as Ad Banners on their websites. So, instead of them having to create their own ad images, you can provide them with super awesome high converting ads :slight_smile: - You don't have to do this. Attached another image for this one.

But lets say I also want them to only be able to promote My website?
    And get access to the Affiliate link + banners...and not an entire Affiliate SYSTEM...
    How do I remove 2-aff.pg ?

The "Affiliates" menu item should only be seen by admins. Any user below that will be able to see the "Affiliate Referrals" menu item so they can sign up as an affiliate.

You can also create a front end affiliate registration form and profile area. This way they can manage their whole affiliate profile without having to visit the dashboard.

The Affiliates plugin is a lot more feature packed then it looks at first :slight_smile: You should also check out the user guide here as it will likely have a lot of stuff I didn't cover: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wordpress-mu-affiliate/#usage

Let us know if you have further questions! We're always happy to help around here :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Alexander

Thanks...

I wonder if its possibe to have a monthly reecuring fee of lets say $20 monthly for a PRO SITE
    membership and then, lets say I want people to refer other people and they get $10 "per month in comission
    per sign up. Is this possible. As I want to build an affiliate structure which is based on a Residual monthly income of $10 every month...so if theve refferd 10 people, that $10x10 every month. I need to be sure this can be done..?

if not, is it difficult to implement? And costs alot of money?
    What could the cost be to implement this, if its not available...Is it THousands of dollars?

These features are KEY for the BUSINESS...As I cant offer ONE TIME PAYMENTS for every sign up and
    then not be able to Offer Reecurring Affiliate monthly payments.

if this isnt possible, and will be to much money to fix, I have to wait with my IDEA.

• aristath

Hello again @Alexander,

I'm glad my colleague @Tyler Postle was able to help you on your original post.
    As for your extra questions, you've already created another post for them on https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/ive-got-a-few-questions-actually-1-i-wonder-if-its so there's no reason to have this as duplicate content here.
    Please continue this discussion on your other thread.

I'm marking this issue as resolved.
    If however you feel that your post has not been resolved or you need further assistance with this don't hesitate to reopen this and post an update on your current status.

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.