I received fatal error message when activating the plugin

I installed MarketPress eCommerce, I am a bit disappointed right now because I did not expect I will receive error or will have problems activating the plugin.

This is the error I get. Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class MarketPress_Shopping_Cart

Can someone help me with this please?
Thank you in advance.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello there,

Thanks for posting on the forums and sorry about the issues.

Did you remove the lite version before installing the premium version ? If not, kindly remove the lite version first and then install the new version to avoid errors.

Please advise if that fixes the issue otherwise I will have a closer look.

Standing by for your response.

Cheers, PC

• Angelie
    • New Recruit

Thank you that fixed my issue. I am just exploring right now. I dont know much about php but I want to make a website that will allow users to post and sell their products and will enable me to earn a portion from their sales.

Can you advise me what to do? Basically like etsy or something. My site is built on a wordpress multi site.

Thanks again.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there,

Thanks for posting back. Glad that fixed it !

Can you advise me what to do? Basically like etsy or something. My site is built on a wordpress multi site.

We suggest to keep different issues on different threads to give you a better advice and resolve the issues efficiently :slight_smile:

Here is a post which will help you set up an etsy style site : https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/how-to-build-your-own-etsy-like-site-using-marketpress

I hope that helps Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.