I received this error when I try to add a new graphic

I received this error when I try to add a new graphic to the media Center

Upload New Media
Sorry, you have used all of your storage quota of 163 MB.

it's a WordPress mu site with five sub-domains.

Says I have exceeded my limit of 163 MB, showing I have 500 and some megabytes.

They Might have been true at one time. It isn't now?

it was a development site with plenty of action. But I have deleted everything in the root media Center except for maybe 20 or 30 MB.

Questions:
is the media Center and the root common to all the sub-domains?

my original thoughts were that the database lost its index, but I can't find where the pictures are stored in the database.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Ron

• rmahon
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I checked d 5 of the sub domains, one had the idenicial errors. I deleted everything in the media center. 300 different graphics.

Went back the home side and see what had changed.went from 550 meg to 470 meg.

There is less than a 100k in the media center.

I think the Index it messed up. But I don't know what table the graphs are stored in. And don't know how to re-index it. Many changes since Orical bought Mysql.

Thanks
    Ron

• rmahon
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Glad you're feeling better, the problem was the backup files from snapshot stored in the same directory, overloaded, it. Frankly, I never thought it was a good idea to put backup files in the upload directory. Given the limitations on the number of items and a directory can hold. Just seemed like a bad idea. I usually put them in /publick_html/back/

Snapshot. This doesn't seem to be up to speed for multiuser WordPress.

Anyway, thanks for your intent.

Ron

• aristath
    • Recruit

I'm glad you managed to figure this one out!

Nice find!
    You can manually create a new folder in your server that is not inside the uploads folder and tell snapshot to save the backups there.
    This way you can have your backups saved in your server without it affecting your site's quota! :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.