I see a sitemap.php already in the content folder. I get

I see a sitemap.php already in the content folder. I get an error that Simple Sitemaps has been disabled due to an error with the simple-sitemaps.php

That is all it says. Perhaps the theme has a sitemap already integrated it seems. What do you reccomend? I am running a multisite and like the idea of having all sites automaticalyy get a sitemap.

When I delete the simple-sitemap.php – the error goes away

Thanks

• Ivan
    • HummingBird

Hey Aaron,

Thanks for your question.

I can see your sitemap at “yourmainsite.com/sitemap.xml”.

However I get some strange registration page when I try to visit some of the links in the top navigation – they appear without any styling. I guess that should be your site network there.

Please make sure you double check everything on the usage page. Then you can download manually the plugin and upload just sitemap.php to the wp-content folder.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Ivan

• Aaron
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Ivan,

Yes that is the one created by Infinite SEO plug in. It uses sitemap.php … right? I just added style via Infinite SEO admin panel.

Also I fixed those bad topbar links you mentioned… Thanks.

But, wondering how simple sitemaps is relevant if Infinite SEO does the XML sitemaps for the sites already? I have Simple Sitemaps plug in installed, but removed simple-sitemap.php because of the error…so it is not working … or is it via Infinite SEO

A bit confused,

Aaron

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Aaron,

Hope you’re doing well today and thanks for your patience!

Infinite SEO also creates a site map :slight_smile:

So you don’t need the site map plugin in this case. Infinite SEO has you all covered.

Let us know if you need any further assistance here.

Have a great rest of your day!

Cheers,

Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.