I see that when sombody make a reservation in the calander

Hi

I see that when sombody make a reservation in the calander the information they have added like name, time , phone etc. dont diseper when the person press submit!. Where can I make sure that this dosent happen? Since I work as a coach confidensiallity is a big part of the “game”.

Thanks from Norway. :slight_smile:

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings nadiaghouas,

Thank you for the great question and are you sure this is not being cached in your browser?

Are you running caching on the WordPress installation in question by any chance?

Are you using two completely different browsers for developing and testing? i.e. Firefox for developing and Chrome for testing and dumping the caching and cookies of the test browser before each test?

What is the URL to the application page so that I may visit and test?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi Joe – Hope you don’t mind me chipping in.

Hi Nadia – Could you please confirm if you have created a user profile for the person making the appointment?

If you have and they are logged in then this is a feature of the plug-in that it saves there information for the next time they make an appointment. This is only visible if they are logged in using their user name and password

If they are not a registered user or logged-in then I’m sure this is a session cookie on the browser that is retaining the information.

You could try using a browser you haven’t used before and set the browser to private browsing/incognito etc, don’t log-in and try making an appointment then make another and check if the information is retained in the form.

Hope this helps

Regards

SteveB

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi Nadia,

Are you okay with me making an appointment to test?

Also are you looking to change the following to norwegian:-

1. Our schedule for April 2013

2. ‘Previous month/Next month

3. Free/Busy/Not possible

4. name of each month

Regards

SteveB

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi Nadia,

I’ve just made a successful test appointment using your link using the browser firefox in private browsing mode.

I then closed the browser session and re-opended in private browsing and the appointment form was blank.

Therefore I suspect it is either your browser caching that has saved the form data or you are logged in when making the appointment or both.

If it is due to browser caching then this would only be visible to the actual client making the appointment and is fine unless clients are sharing the same browser on the same computer.

Try making a test appointment in your browser with ‘private browsing/incognito’ set and then close the browser down and re-open and set to ‘private browsing/incognito’ again and make another appointment and the appointment form should be blank.

Hope that helps

Regards

SteveB

• nadiaghouas
    • New Recruit

Hi again SteveB..

Thank you so much for helping me out and given me the information. And I “your appointment” was there :slight_smile: So thanks.

Now there is “only” the translation left.

Have a great day- and thank you so much for helping me out.

Bests,

Nadia

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi Nadia,

I’m pleased this has resolved your problem.

Just to confirm are you looking to change the following to Norwegian?

1. Our schedule for April 2013

2. ‘Previous month/Next month

3. Free/Busy/Not possible

4. name of each month

Regards

SteveB

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi Nadia,

As you state in an earlier post ‘You are not a technical person’ so writing bespoke code in the functions.php file or having to change the code in the actual plug-in which would be overwritten with any upgrades may not be the best solution for you so I thought I would try and find an alternative solution you may be able to implement yourself.

I’ve just come across this post you may wish to review:-

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/appointments-translation-and-changing-button-texts-etc

Please let me know your thoughts and whether you think you could implement the suggested plug-ins.

In the meantime I’ll have a look at some bespoke code.

Regards

SteveB

• pxwm
    • WP Core Meltdown

Hi Nadia,

I’ve had a quick look at the A+ code and it doesn’t appear as though the text you want to change has been allocated a class so it means you can’t add bespoke code in functions.php to change the text.

This would mean you would have to change the text directly in A+ which means that the text would be overwritten everytime there was an upgrade.

I’m sure reading other related posts there has been a request to add classes to text so you can make changes in functions.php without changing the A+ code.

Therefore at the momment suggest your only option is as per my last post.

Regards

SteveB

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Nadia,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.