I sent images off for smushing at the beginning of January.

Hi,

I sent images off for smushing at the beginning of January. Almost 4 weeks later 646 of 1,027 attachments have been smushed.

Worse, the site uses thumbnails on the home page, category pages and tag pages. Quite a few of these are missing - presumably "lost in space" between my server and Smush central.

What is the fix?

Thank you.

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Jeanne, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

Are the images themselves gone from your site, or have they just disappeared from the being attached as featured images on some of your posts? Could you point out a few pictures that should have a featured image (and what image should be attached)?

It shouldn't be removing them, it should just be making a copy to send over to be smushed, so this is definitely a curious case.

Could you enable Support Access to your site, so that we can have a closer look here?

Please advise,
    Michael

• Jeanne
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your reply. Support access is granted.

If you go to: http://www.airbank-travel.com/news/page/6/ you'll see the missing thumbnail. If you click on the link to the page, you'll see the full photo on top of the post. In the media gallery, this image is one that is still smushing.

I've tried to find it in the media gallery - no luck.

I've tried to regenerate the thumbnail - no luck.

This is one of numerous examples and I'm not thrilled with the prospect of having to re-upload all the images that are "missing" the thumbnails.

Let me know what you find.

Thanks much,

Jeanne

• Jeanne
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello.... ?

Still waiting for the Smush green bar to move forward, still missing thumbnails on my site - and still waiting for a response from someone......

The Smush server is and has been whitelisted on Cloudflare. The caching plug-in has been turned off since this process started.

The thumbnail on the link I provided above has now appeared - but many are still missing, starting with page 11.

What else is there to do to get this to work?

• Umesh Kumar
    • Code Wrangler

Hi @Jeanne,

Plugin doesn't delete the images, so probably its some issue with other plugin or theme you've installed.

Don't disable Smush Pro for now, once the fetching is completed, you can check if disabling smush pro, makes the thumbnail appear back.

Just FYI, I see the thumbnails properly on page 11.

Also, I've whitelisted the Smush server IP in Wordfence Security and reset the bulk request for you.

Cheers

• Umesh Kumar
    • Code Wrangler

Hi @Jeanne,

Can you please make sure, you've whitelisted the server IP 66.135.55.161 on clodflare or other CDN service you're using and also check with your host that they are not blocking the server IP.

I tried another bulk request and images were not downloaded on server.

I appreciate your patience in here.

Cheers

• Jeanne
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

HI Umesh,

I double-checked and the smush ip address is whitelisted on the CDN and the server (where it also hadn't been blocked). Today the message states that the smushing elves are busy, and I'm 1st in the queue.

Would it be better to try to do these one at a time?

Many thanks.

• Umesh Kumar
    • Code Wrangler

Hi @Jeanne,

I had to smush the images on your site in parts, it wasn't working properly if all the images were sent at once, as somehow the image download was being blocked.

The left out images doesn't have proper WordPress data or they are missing, you've to manually regenerate thumbnails for them using the plugin and they will be sent to smushing automatically, if you've have checked the option "Auto Smush".

Cheers

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.