I set up the above web site and blog with Wordpress some

I set up the above web site and blog with Wordpress some time ago. I serves as an information and notification for the management, board and unit owners of our condominium corporation. I have a WMPU subscription and would like to set up a multisite network, where other condo corporations, could become subscribers and have this same service set up for their own corporation. They would be able to have a photo of their own property on their home page and post on their own, the same information under the same page format used on condonewscenter.com. I would set up a copy of my current site as a marketing home page to market the service which would be under the master name of condonewscenter.com. The subscribers would use the same name, with an extension using the name of the Corporation for identity on their home page and to facilitate email communications with their individual site.

In addition to the OWNER LIST section on the site, I would like to enable the management (or user) to send an email or telephone message to all condo owners of the list. The phone message service would require a condo corporation (user) to subscribe to CALLFIRE or some other services to enable simultaneous messaging by phone.

Would you be able to assist me in accomplishing the above based upon what I have already set up on condonewscenter.com?

Thankyou.

• Tyler Postle

Hey there Dennis,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for the thorough description. I'm unable to see your site as it looks like you have added some additional security that requires a username and password to load the site; however, I think I have a good idea of what you're going for.

This is my recommendation:

Plugins Needed: Pro Sites and New Blog Templates.

1. You will want to make your WordPress install a multisite if you haven't already: https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/ultimate-guide-multisite/

That guide includes a TON of info on multisite, but a little ways down from the top it explains how to activate it on a new or existing WP install.

2. Install our Pro Sites and New Blog Templates plugins.

3. Setup Pro Sites - this will allow you to charge a subscription fee for them to have their site. It also allows for you to create multiple levels that allow access to different things - so maybe you want to charge more for certain features so you can create a new higher priced level that includes said features.

4. Create a template with New Blog Templates. It sounds like your subscribers sites are all going to be somewhat similar, so what you can do is create a template site that has placeholder images/information that your new subscribers can simply replace with their own. The template is just a subsite you set up yourself, so whatever settings and design you setup for your template is what your subscribers will get right off the bat. You can either make a template default so it's applied to everyone and/or you can create multiple templates and allow your users to select a design they want.

In addition to the OWNER LIST section on the site, I would like to enable the management (or user) to send an email or telephone message to all condo owners of the list. The phone message service would require a condo corporation (user) to subscribe to CALLFIRE or some other services to enable simultaneous messaging by phone.

This one kind of depends on what other plugins you use. You might want to use BuddyPress to add some more social features to your site and this comes with members list functionality and the ability to message members. https://wordpress.org/plugins/buddypress/

Or you might not want a social network feel at all on your site and you can use our Blog Directory or Members Directory plugins to add a searchable list of sites/members.

We also have a private messaging plugin you can use so your users can send out private messages without needing BuddyPress: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/private-messaging/

I'll stop there and see what you think :slight_smile: hopefully that is enough to get you started and if you have further questions on all this then just let us know.

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.