I signed up for WP Smush Pro because of a recommendation

Hello

I signed up for WP Smush Pro because of a recommendation from a friend. When I submitted the images it is saying that it will take likely 7 days for them to process 700 images. I installed the free version which is almost finished. I don't understand why the Pro Version would take so long, and was curious if I should cancel/refund my order?

Thank you very much

• Michelle Shull

Hi, Hillary!

Smush was very heavily promoted this week, and we're getting a much higher than normal number of process requests on the Smush server. The dev is keeping a close eye on it, and you shouldn't have to wait nearly as long as the estimated time given for your images to process. Thanks for your patience here, it should be speeding up very soon.

Thanks for your question!

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Hilary Pearlson,

Wanted to give you an update here, and let you know that we've released an update today to WP Smush Pro that improves the smushing speed a lot!

If you haven't seen the update yet, you'll want to go to:

WPMU DEV -> Updates

And click on the "Update Now" link at the bottom of the page (see first screenshot below).

Then, once you've updated, you'll want to go to:

Media -> WP Smush Pro

And if a bulk smush is already in progress, you'll now see a prompt like the one seen in the 2nd screenshot below.

Just go through the process of resetting the smush request, and once you've done that, you'll be all set to use the new, faster API. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.