I started a new page, placed the shortcode [eab_events-map]

I started a new page, placed the shortcode [eab_events-map] and then tested it out as an end user and it shows this:
Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in /home/shawnmon/public_html/hfaced.com/wp-content/plugins/wpmu_dev_maps_plugin/lib/class_agm_marker_replacer.php on line 47

2nd question:
Im looking at the usage for google maps. It shows how to map query for posts, but is there a way to do this for events? Maybe from the categories that are listed in the events? I'm trying to accomplish different maps for different groups of events. For example, when I schedule an event, I add categories, and I'm adding the day of week as a category (Monday) and the type of event as a category (big), so I'd like to have a map of all the "big" events, and a map of all the "Monday" events.

Third question:
The google maps seems to be creating a map id for every recurring event in a series. Anyway to shut that off or report the bug?

• PC

Hello Shawn,

Thanks for posting on the forums.

I started a new page, placed the shortcode [eab_events-map] and then tested it out as an end user and it shows this:
    Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #2 is not an array in /home/shawnmon/public_html/hfaced.com/wp-content/plugins/wpmu_dev_maps_plugin/lib/class_agm_marker_replacer.php on line 47

The short code is [eab_events_map]

I think you are using a wrong shortcode.

Im looking at the usage for google maps. It shows how to map query for posts, but is there a way to do this for events? Maybe from the categories that are listed in the events? I'm trying to accomplish different maps for different groups of events. For example, when I schedule an event, I add categories, and I'm adding the day of week as a category (Monday) and the type of event as a category (big), so I'd like to have a map of all the "big" events, and a map of all the "Monday" events.

You should be able to do that. As per the usage guide, you need to have selected “Associate map with this post” in the Map Options window when creating a map for that map to be displayed using Map Query tag shortcode.

Did you try that yet ?

The google maps seems to be creating a map id for every recurring event in a series. Anyway to shut that off or report the bug?

I am not able to replicate this on my lab site. Can you please let me know how did you identify that its creating a new map id for every recurring event ? Please advise.

Cheers, PC

• PC

Hiya,

Sorry, I mistyped that shortcode above. I did in fact plug the correct map shortcode, but am getting that error. You can see it here:
    http://hfaced.com/map-search/

I tested and it appears fine to me.

And, here is the screen shot for the map id issue I mentioned. Maybe its not creating a whole new map id, I just figured it was, but its definitely posting a map option for every recurring event, and its saving them into the map selection option in the visual editor, as seen here.
    How do I get it to only save the address once?

Its really strange as I am not able to replicate it on my lab site. Perhaps the map was saved multiple times due to some conflict and hence you are seeing multiple maps there.

Can you please delete the extra maps and then save them again. Please make sure that you give a name to the map.

Please advise.

Cheers, PC

• Shawnmon

OK, I deleted all the maps and redid them with names.

That screenshot you provided was the result of my work after posting questions, and that screen shot is from me using this:
    [map query="all" overlay="true" show_posts="true" width="100%"]

but, still, when I just plug in [eab_events_map] into the page, nothing shows up. Which is weird, because it use to have that error message before, but now nothing at all.

I'm having trouble understanding what type of short code to use to achieve what I mentioned above a few posts back where I said I want to achieve this:
    I have categories chosen for my events. These categories are Parent categories of Size
    Weekday
    Price

The sub-categories in those parent categories are:
    Size
    - Small
    - Medium
    - Large
    Weekday- Monday
    - Tuesday
    - Wednesday
    - Thursday
    - Friday
    Price
    - Low
    - Fair
    - High

So, if I want to show one map of all the events that are Medium sized, held on Thursday, and considered a Low price, how would I make a shortcode for that, assuming I want them to overlay on one map.

And, additional to that, if I wanted to show one map, only of next week's events that are Medium sized and Low priced (just the ones that are in the next 7 days), how would I short code that?

Thanks PC.
    And yes, I did read all of the documentation and usage tips, however, I'm still struggling with making it work. I just don't understand the code enough yet, and there aren't many examples being shown to where I can catch on. Thanks for your time on this.

• PC

but, still, when I just plug in [eab_events_map] into the page, nothing shows up. Which is weird, because it use to have that error message before, but now nothing at all.

The below shortcode should work but I tested this on my lab site with the exact same structure as yours and it did not show any results for me either.

[eab_events_map categories="x,y,z"]

And, additional to that, if I wanted to show one map, only of next week's events that are Medium sized and Low priced (just the ones that are in the next 7 days), how would I short code that?

[eab_events_map] with date weeks and categories argument should do that.

However, before we try that, I have sent a note to our lead developer @Vladislav for this suggestions.

He should be here sooner than later.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• Vladislav

Hello,

If the plugin can't find any event maps to display, the shortcode won't show an empty map - it will show a fallback text (i.e. the text within the shortcode itself) instead. If you removed your events maps, they should be regenerated as the event is displayed again, or edited in the back end. As for limiting the scope to one week, you can make use of the lookahead and weeks attributes, as @PC said - you'll need to set "lookahead" to "yes" to enable week filtering, and "weeks" to the number of weeks you'd wish to display.

• Shawnmon

@PC said:

The below shortcode should work but I tested this on my lab site with the exact same structure as yours and it did not show any results for me either.

[eab_events_map categories="x,y,z"]

So, @Vladislav can you confirm why this isn't working for PC either?

It seems the entire [eab_events_map] isn't working. I have simply typed in that short code to this page http://hfaced.com/map-search and it doesn't show up. The only map that shows up is what you see on the page (which is a different map query, which has bugs as well, and I have another support ticket in on that one, so I need to leave it up)

And, can you please provide me an example short code of the above two scenarios I gave? I'm telling you, I don't understand where the gaps go, where the = goes, where the "true" goes, and the "", and how the lookahead and "weeks" are all used to come together in one successful short code.

• Shawnmon

When I plug this shortcode [eab_events_map] into a page or a post, nothing shows up.

I'm using this short code: [map query="all" overlay="true" show_posts="true" width="100%"] on this paged http://hfaced.com/map-search and so what you see on that page is a result of that particular short code.

However, even on that particular short code there is a problem with performance, and it hasn't changed. The problem when placing that short code on a Page (such as the map-search page link I gave above) the "show all" button doesn't work. SEE MY SCREENSHOTS BELOW for the example of the "show all" not working.

This shortcode doesn't work either because I tried it on same map-search page
    [eab_events_map categories="78704"]

FURHTER MORE... I still cannot insert a map into a Page. I click the map icon, and then click "insert map", and from there it will either do nothing at all, or it will enter the map id like it should, but as soon as I click "update" or "publish" Page, it disappears!

I have no idea what was fixed with this release. I've deleted plugin and reinstalled this beta, and I've cleared cache.

• Shawnmon

Here are the screen shots that didn't come through last post above.

ALSO... notice how the "Show All" buttons do work on the Events posts themselves, just not on a regular page.
    http://hfaced.com/events/2014/07/2-mexican-beers-78704-56/

ALSO ALSO,
    notice that the Event post that is defaulted to is the LAST EVENT IN A RECURRING SERIES.
    This is a bug. The plugin is supposed to redirect to the most recent upcoming event.

In this event post link, http://hfaced.com/events/2014/07/2-mexican-beers-78704-56/ the 56 is the last event in the series, which isn't until July 1 2014!!
    I cannot have people RSVP to the last event, obviously.

• PC

Hiya,

I just tested this on my lab site and do not see the issues which you have reported.

I am gonna need to have a look at your site to see what is going on there.

Can you please send me your login details via our secure contact form

1: Mark the email to my attention

Attn: PC

2: Include a link of this thread in the email

3: Include FTP and WordPress super admin details.

4: While filling the form, select "I have a different question" from the list.

Looking forward for a response on this.

Cheers
    PC

• Vladislav

Hello,

The [map] shortcode is coming from a different plugin and, although this plugin is used as the underlying foundation for events mapping, this shortcode is not the best choice to display the events locations - like I already said, the events maps are specific, and using the shortcode that comes with the Events plugin is your best choice for displaying them.

The problem with the maps on your site is that the events in the following month have very non-descriptive venues (locations), so they can't be properly converted to a map location automatically - there simply isn't enough data to reliably map the venue to a particular location on the map. It appears that you do have a map manually created for at least one of those locations, but it wasn't inserted as an Event location properly - now that I have done so for that event, the event venue properly shows on the map generated from the shortcode.

Also, the [eab_events_map] shortcode has two separate arguments for categories - "category" and "categories". The "category" one will accept the single category ID or slug, but the "categories" one expects a comma separate list of category IDs only - so, if you want to display an event from a single category by slug (as is the case above), you will want to use this form: [eab_events_map category="13"] ("13" here is the ID of your "78704" category).

I have also been able to track down and fix the redirection issue, which should now properly redirect to first non-expired event in your recursion sequence.

• PC

Hiya,

I have Fitness events which are tagged/categorized as "FItness", and I have "Fun" events which are tagged/categorized as "Fun".

All of these events are showing on the calendar, but is there a way to only show the Fun events? And only show the Fitness events??

You can simply use the calendar shortcode with category attribute.

[eab_calendar category="8"]

where 8 is the category id.

All this info is mentioned on the page here

Events >> Shortcodes.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.