I still have no resolution to my problem with eNewsletter

Hi - this support subject seemed to go dead https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/why-has-cron-stipend-sending-email-with-enewsletter#post-621598 but the problem still exits - in fact it is worse now.

Since the previous support request, I have been unable to send newsletters out directly either. I can send a preview email from the newsletter design page, but when I try to send it for real it seems to send, but disappears into the ether! the emails are not received.

There must be a way to clear the cron queue to solve the first problem I am having. I have tried de-activating and deleting the plugin, but when I restore it all of my data is still there, including 3,500 emails in the cron queue.

I have tested my outgoing email settings and all seems fine. I have checked the outstanding cron tasks on the server and there are none - it is only in Wordpress that this queue exists.

Please help - this is quite critical functionality for us.

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello there @Paul, I hope you're well today!

I have notified the plugin developer, hopefully his insights will help us figure this one out.
    Please keep in mind though that plugin developers have a lot of responsibilities so this might take a bit longer than a normal ticket.

Cheers,
    Ari.

• Maniu
    • Developer

Hey @Paul

It looks to me that you have reached limit on your email server. You are probably now able to email just yourself or emails using the same domain as you. If this is the case, you would need to contact your server provider and try to find a solution for it.

To remove all e-newsletter related data you would need to go to eNewsletter>settings>Uninstall>Delete data and confirm. This will erase EVERYTHING in your DB that is related to eNewsletter

Hope that helps,
    Thanks,
    Maniu

• Paul
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Maniu

No - it's definitely not the server. We are able to send mails directly from the server to anyone without an issue. It is only with eNewsletter that we have a problem.

I tried to uninstall the plugin before and delete the data - but when I reinstalled everything was like before, including the queue of emails.

• Maniu
    • Developer

Hey @Paul

I understand. Uninstall should definitely clean up everything. Do you see install button (instead of save) in fundraising settings page after uninstalling?

Would it be ok for me to take a look at your wp installation (i will try to uninstall the plugin differently)?

You can just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings from the following path.

Admin -> WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access Tab

Alternatively you can send me admin login details by sending an email using our secure contact form on https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/
    - Select "I have a different question" from the dropdown
    - On the subject enter "Attn: Mariusz Misiek".
    - Include the URL of this post in your message so that I may track this issue better
    - Include a link to your website
    - Include your admin credentials (username + password)

Thanks,
    Maniu

• Paul

Hi Maniu

thanks for this - I have granted admin access as you suggest. I have also emptied the table in MySQL which was successful - but whilst the emails appear to be sending they are not going.

Regards, Paul

• Maniu
    • Developer

Hello @Paul

I have just taken a look at your website and it seems to me that cron is completely broken in your site. Its not related to eNewsletter at all.

Can you please think about anything that could cause your Cron to break? Did you install anything new or something? Have you changed something in your hosting?

Thanks,
    Maniu

• Paul

No - I have done nothing to cause this. We were in the middle of a send using cron when it stopped working. We then had a big queue in cron. HOWEVER we were still able to send in real time, and we carried on doing this whilst I was waiting for a response from WPMU about the cron send issue.

Then this stopped working too in the middle of a big send.

The only thing that changed during the issue we had with cron was that the server was renamed in order to avoid being highlighted for SPAM. We changed the name of the server to wagercentre.com to reflect the domain sending mail.

• Maniu
    • Developer

Hey @Paul

The emails are being sent in real time, i did test that (but i have to say, i found the message in spam)

Please take a look here:
    http://wagercentre.com/wordpress/wp-admin/tools.php?page=crontrol_admin_manage_page

There was a problem spawning a call to the WP-Cron system on your site. This means WP-Cron jobs on your site may not work. The problem was:
    couldn't connect to host

Everything is getting stuck constantly and it is not enewsletter related.

Basically, we need to forget about newsletter for a while figure out why CRON is completely broken in your site.

Thanks,
    Maniu

• Paul

I see - yes the live send is now working. I had this issue with the corn message before. I got around the error message by adding define('ALTERNATE_WP_CRON', true); to the wp-config file. But there were still emails stuck in the cron queue, and when I sent more they just sat there.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.