I struggle to make a sidebar on my blog want to add

I struggle to make a sidebar on my blog want to add a facebook like box. I use this fixer theme

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Renier,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I've visited your site and from what I can see, I assume you're referring to the "single post" page layout, is that right? I can see that you've already moved post content a bit to the right so you'd now like to create an additional column on the left and put a FB Like Box there. Is that correct?

This can be done but since Fixer (and none of other Upfront child themes) do not include any sidebars "per se" (meaning widget areas available via dashboard's "Appearance -> Widgets" page) you will want to do this through front-end Upfront visual editor.

To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Open one of blog posts of your site in the browser (not a dashboard but a front-end page), being logged in to your site as an admin.

2. Enable "Upfront" editor by clicking on an "Upfront" link in your admin toolbar

3. Drag and drop "Like Box" element from "Draggable Elements" panel to the page

4. Put an address of your FB fanpage that's to be "liked"

5. Save Upfront and when a "save prompt" pops out, select "For all posts of this type>

I've created a little video for you showing how to do this. Take a look here please:

http://screencast.com/t/RX6TbZii4h

I hope that helps!

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Renier,

Thanks for your response.

Our Upfront child themes currently available indeed do not support "regular sidebars", that's a design decision based mostly on nature of Upfront which is, as I mentioned, full-blown "front-end visual editor" solution.

I hoped that my solution will help you but of course if this is not what you needed, I fully understand your point.

That said, in case you had any other questions, please do not hesitate to start new threads and either I or one of my colleagues here we will be happy to assist.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.