I think there is something wrong with my multisite

I uploaded the default plugin to use on my site - it doesn't appear in settings so I can choose a default theme

I am trying to get the payment set up on ecommerce and all the details are correct and its not working. (I already have a support ticket open on that one)

my site tells me I have 4 themes that need upgrading and when I go to upgrade them I get this error

An error occurred while updating Blogs MU: Update package not available..

I have installed BuddyPress and I can't find it on my site. It doesn't show up and I can't figure out why. I went through the instructions and the sublinks that should be in the top bar are not there.

All of these things happened this morning (although the ecommerce error was last night) I am wondering if there is something wrong with my site or hosting?

My site is here

http://influencer.biz

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Diane,

Just to rule out this possibility, are you familiar with the following two different pages?
    Site Admin | Network Admin

They're accessible from the top right corner of your screen and you'll see that detailed here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-manual/wordpress-wordpress-mu-and-wordpress-multisite/

I'm asking that because on Multisite, the BuddyPress menu items will show in your Network Admin page and I'm wondering if that's why you're not seeing it?

As for the themes, I'm not totally sure they're actually auto-update capable. Could you check to be sure you have the latest version of Update Notifications installed? That should yield the proper update info.

Also, I was unable to auto-update those themes myself so I went ahead and deleted the themes, then reinstalled them.

Could you let me know how that Network Admin page thing goes though, and whether that's the issue there?

Thanks,
    David

• Diane
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks David
    Yes I am familiar with network / site admin and in network - I deleted the theme and uploaded it again and I can see the forum and everything now but it did get rid of all my formatting on the front page so I have to redo that. The words are still there I just have to upload the images under service again.

Still can't see the default plugin in the sidebar but I am not even going to bother with that right now!

Just the ecommerce cart to figure out and get some content loaded and I am good to go - all this fiddling is driving me crazy!!! I am beginning to wonder why I let myself in for :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.