I translated this plugin but translation is not working.

Hi

I copy the translated psts-hu_HU file to the language directory bot but it does not function.

I'm not a programmer but I'm not a beginner wordpress administrator. I I know how to translate one wp plugin. All of pligin translation working the entire network, only this not wokring.

It woul be very important to work, please help

Best regards,

blaci

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Blaci,

I hope you are well today and thanks for posting on the forum.

I copy the translated psts-hu_HU file to the language directory bot but it does not function.

Make sure your language file name is psts-hu_HU.mo and you should store it in the plugin directory here pro-sites-files/languages/

Also mention the translation language in your wp-config.php file as described on the following page.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/how-to-translate-a-wordpress-plugin/

I have a same problem with the wp-smush-pro
    I copy the translated wp-smush-hu_HU file to the languge folder but translation not wokring.

Please try naming language file as wp_smush-hu_HU.mo and storing it in the plugin directory /wp-smush-pro/languages

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• blaci
    • Flash Drive

HI Vinod!

Thanks for your response,

Make sure your language file name is psts-hu_HU.mo and you should store it in the plugin directory here pro-sites-files/languages/

I checked it above and it's ok.

Also mention the translation language in your wp-config.php file as described on the following page.

I inserted this row to the config.php: define ('WPLANG', 'hu_HU');

The Pro Site language file is not working. :slight_frown:

Please try naming language file as wp_smush-hu_HU.mo and storing it in the plugin directory /wp-smush-pro/languages

Your suggestion is worked but there are many non-functional translated strings!!!

eg:
    Auto-Smush images on upload
    Super-Smush images
    (lossy optimization)
    Backup original images
    (this will nearly double the size of your uploads directory)
    Please be aware, smushing a large number of images can take a while depending on your server and network speed. You must keep this page open while the bulk smush is processing, but you can leave at any time and come back to continue where it left off.

The strins above is trarnslated but the translation not working.

Best Regards,

blaci

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello blaci,

Can you upload the translated Pro Sites files (.po and .mo) to /wp-content/languages/plugins folder? I've tested this translation files with my language, and it is working. Moving files to the languages folder makes them resistant to the plugin updates.
    What application did you use to translate plugin? I was testing this with PoEdit. I translated the .po file and then compiled it to the .mo file (this is done automatically in PoEdit during the .po saving).

As for the WP Smush - all translation is not working, or only these phrases you have listed?

Kind regards,
    Kasia

• blaci
    • Flash Drive

Hello Kasia

First, I'm not a noob, I use wp from some years. I can translate wp plugins and I can use po editor...
    This WP MU system has more than 50 plugins and translations is working everywhere (maybe any small error), The Pro Site plugin translations the only which is not working completely!

1, WP smush translation is working but some words or sentence which is in the language file, does not appear in my language. Unfortunately, not one or two but several, which have been confusing for users.
    eg:
    Auto-Smush images on upload
    Super-Smush images
    (lossy optimization)
    Backup original images
    (this will nearly double the size of your uploads directory)
    Please be aware, smushing a large number of images can take a while depending on your server and network speed. You must keep this page open while the bulk smush is processing, but you can leave at any time and come back to continue where it left off.

All of this strings above is translated and placed in the language file.

2, The Pro site plugin language file psts-hu_HU is in the language folder and completely not working!!!
    1, My server is up to date!
    2, My system and all plugins up to date, and I use the latest versions of wp and all plugins!
    3, No core modification
    4 Every plugin and all function working "flawlessly" only the Pro Site plugin translation is what did not work! This is very important plugin for me, solve this asap!
    If you do not believe what I wrote or you want to control it, I granted access for you.

Best regards,

Blaci

• blaci
    • Flash Drive

Hello Kasia!

I attached a .zip file which includes this:
    1 original psts-default.pot file, which I have prepared the translation.
    2 psts-hu_HU.mo
    3, psts-hu_HU.mo
    4, Screenshot, where you can see, the translataion is not working fully.

I look forward to your early reply
    Blaci

• blaci
    • Flash Drive

Hi!

Why ask me that what is it impossible?
    I can't attache and my problem is still existed now.
    It is very important to me and nothing happens. The Pro Site translations does not work.

I posted the bug more than 1 week ago and nothing happens! I want to use the plugin. Moreover, almost certain that the software is bugged becouse I found many bugs after the last update.

I'd like you would any progress on the matter as soon as possible

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @blaci,

I have just attached test zip file in my previous reply and it gets attached successfully as you can see it.

I have also attached some minuted ago large zip file in the following reply and it also got attached successfully.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/membership-2-pro-paypal-warning-over-ipn-url-broadcast#post-946894

I think currently zip file attachments are only allowed for staff and not members. I will confirm it with our team shortly and update you here.

You can also share us files using other ways as following so could you please do it?

https://www.google.com/intx/en_in/work/apps/business/products/drive/
    https://www.dropbox.com/en/
    https://jumpshare.com/

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.