I tried creating my first additional site after my primary

I tried creating my first additional site after my primary site was set up with Multisite...I am using sub-domains so I tried to create the site peytonadkins.makeyourcvstandout.com
but when I try to go to the dashboard I get a 404 Error File Not Found. I added an "A" directory to bluehost pointing to it...what am I missing?

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello @peytonadkins91,

I hope you are having a good day and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

If I am not wrong you are getting 404 error while accessing admin panel of your subsite ( subdomain based subsite ) ? Or its happening on your main site ?

If its happening on your subsite, have you made sure that you have setup MultiSite environment with subdomains properly ? You need to setup wildcard subdoamins if you are going with subdoamin multisite environment. For more information on Multisite environment setup you may want to visit this page,
    http://codex.wordpress.org/Create_A_Network

Please advice.

Cheers,
    Milan

• William
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Milan,

everything seems to be in order as far as that goes. I double-checked everything and it seems to be proper, as far as I know though...which may not be saying a lot...

I attached images of my wp-content and .htaccess in case you can tell if anything is off

Thanks!

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello @peytonadkins91,

Hope you are doing well and sorry for being late on this. :slight_smile:

Dear member I've checked your htaccess file rules displayed in your attached screenshot and those rules seems fine to me. Furthermore entries in wp-config.php file for mutlisite environment are also fine. So would you please enable support staff access to your site via Network Admin > Support > Support Staff > Grant Access ?

Looking forward to hearing back from you. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Milan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.