I tried my first real test mail, but it is missing a link and has extra "junk" in it.

I manually added 1 subscriber and created a test post to see what it looks like when sent. Glad I did too, because there are multiple problems. (A "real post preview" is desperately needed by this plugin!)

Anyway, the post (which I would like to get rid of at some point) is at my personal blog: http://lerner.net/february-is-here/

The email notification did go out. And I had followed the instructions to send the full post rather than an excerpt, and basically the full post went out.

But there are two problems:

(1) As you can see, in the post itself via the web there is a YouTube video. I am not using a shortcode for this - just the YouTube video link. WP automatically displays this as a video at the web site. For the email, I would expect just the YouTube link I entered to be sent. Then people can click on it if they want. I realize there is no reliable way of embedding a video in outgoing mail. However... The link is missing from the sent email! There is just a blank space where I would expect to find the video link. See the first screenshot.

(2) There is an extra section called "Share:" followed by 6 blank bullets. See 2nd screenshot. Where is that from? How can I get rid of that whole section? It isn't in the post, doesn't show up on the web, and shouldn't be in the email.

My guess it is trying to send some representation of the jetpack sharing buttons. But really they don't belong in the email. Or if they are included they should at least be correct.

I will leave the test post up temporarily so somebody can take a look.

Thanks,

Doug

• aristath

Hello again Doug,

(1) As you can see, in the post itself via the web there is a YouTube video. I am not using a shortcode for this - just the YouTube video link. WP automatically displays this as a video at the web site. For the email, I would expect just the YouTube link I entered to be sent. Then people can click on it if they want. I realize there is no reliable way of embedding a video in outgoing mail. However... The link is missing from the sent email! There is just a blank space where I would expect to find the video link. See the first screenshot.

Thank you for reporting this, I have notified the plugin developer about it.
    Please keep in mind though that plugin developers have a lot of responsibilities so this might take a bit longer than a normal ticket.

(2) There is an extra section called "Share:" followed by 6 blank bullets. See 2nd screenshot. Where is that from? How can I get rid of that whole section? It isn't in the post, doesn't show up on the web, and shouldn't be in the email.

Actually that does exist in your post (see attached screenshot) and comes from this plugin you're using: http://wordpress.org/plugins/sharedaddy/

• Doug

Hello,

I do not have a "ShareDaddy" plugin installed at my site.

I do have the sharing module of Jetpack turned on though. But the share buttons are not part of the content of the post. They should not be sent.

Are you saying that I need to turn off sharing buttons or that malformed content will end up getting sent?

Regarding the "missing link" I can understand how it might take time for developers to fix something.

However, this is the ONLY feature of WPMU DEV I am using, and the entire reason I joined to begin with.

Perhaps I should cancel my membership and come back after these bugs are fixed? I believe there is a money back guarantee, right? It would be a shame to waste membership time on this if it doesn't work right.

Regards,

Doug

• Ignacio

Hi @Doug.@admin

Sorry to see you're having so many troubles.

Subscribe By Email is tested to send excerpts and not full content, You forced the plugin to send the full post but of course could be some issues while doing that. Any plugin that adds content through 'the_content' filter such as Jetpack does (I'm just guessing here) will be added to the digest too.

AS I said to you in the other post, that feature will be added in next release though we are still working on it but I think it will come out soon.

Regards.
    Ignacio.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.