Import didn't work

I tried the full restore using that backup I did (the managed one on the cloud) but the process was failing... it was throwing up errors while importing the DB that the plugin backed up...

What I did was manually imported each table via PHPMyAdmin and all worked (took a long time) but I got the site up and running but during the upload one table didn't fully get imported,was getting timeout errors.

I thought this might still be ok to run the site but it turned out that order details from the Ecommerce (WooCommerce) side are missing now.

I was onto the support (hosting) and they tried to import that again but with some errors:

#1062 - Duplicate entry '17104' for key 'PRIMARY'

  • Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

    Hello Snap Ireland

    I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

    I tried to import that table to the site but I must say I had "mixed results". First, I renamed existing _postmeta table to "_postmetaBROKEN" to be able to make "clear import". Second, I tried to import it but while I didn't receive the same error that you did, I did experience some unexpected "no db selected" error at first attempt, then gateway timeouts at further attempts.

    Therefore this might need some "special" treatment (maybe e.g. splitting the export file to smaller ones or using some script to import it) as apparently the server simply doesn't handle the table of that size well enough.

    That being said, I've asked our developers for help with it. I passed all the information to them and provided them with the access to the site that you shared during the chat and the'll take a look into it to see how to import that table without issues. Please keep an eye on this ticket and we'll update you here as soon as we got feedback from our developers on this.

    Kind regards,
    Adam

  • Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

    Hello Snap Ireland

    I apologize for the delay on my end and thank you for letting me know.

    It seems then that if uploading it in parts worked that most likely means that for some reasons the server wasn't able to handle table of that size (e.g. some timeout "on the way") or that the table was indeed broken - though since Snapshot does an exact "one to one" db dump it must have been crashed before it even was backed up.

    It might be good to run "repair table" option (there should be such option in phpMyAdmin) on the table just in case but I'm glad that you made it work. In case something like that happened again, let me know please.

    Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.