I tried to minify my site using Hummingbird Minification,

Hi,
I tried to minify my site using Hummingbird Minification, but it broke my site. Could you help me to optimize the Javascripts on my site?

• Rupok

Hi David

Hope you had a wonderful day.

I tried to minify my site using Hummingbird Minification, but it broke my site.

Can you please explain what type of broke? I mean what is the error that's showing when you try to enable minification? For example, once I got 500 Internal Server Error but I later I found, that was happening because I configured reverse proxy with both Apache and Nginx in my server. So if you can provide us details regarding this issue, we could suggest you better.

Moreover, is your site still broken or you fixed it already? If fixed already, can you share how you fixed it?

I'm looking forward to hear from you and resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello David,

Minification can break some themes and has to be used with caution. First you can choose what files minify - you can start with CSS files, they should not break.
    Then start enabling minification for JS files one by one - you can also change how they are placed: in header, in footer or leave orginal place. Some scripts need to be implemented in header, so if you change them to footer they will stop working.
    So there is many combination you can try and test - see what is working best for your site. If some files are not handling well minification then disable it only for them.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.