I trying to make a design agency website that includes hosting for the sites I will design

What do I use to setup my hosting so I can add the other domains of my customers to the service? Also, I cant find a theme that will allow me to create another backend with a customized, but limited back end in the rare case they wanna make content changes.

• Ivan

Hey there Bluehatsseo,

Welcome to the WPMU DEV Community and thanks for the question!

You could both Pro Sites and Domain Mapping.

That way you can offer them free sites in your network and if they want to upgrade to their own domain name - that can be easily done from your site.

Pro sites will allow you to give your users the chance to upgrade their sites and access features like premium themes, plugins, extra storage, domain mapping or removing advertising(if any).

Thanks,
    Ivan

• bluehatseo

Sorry, but that isn what I mean.I want to just be a design and seo freelancer. Ill then host the websites i designed on my website for the reacurring income. Make sense?

From what it looks like, i need New Blog Templates to make designing the websites eassier..

Then i need the domain mapping plugin, or WordPress MU Domain Mapping? which one is better/eassier ?

Next ill need,
    Ultimate Branding
    Easy Blogging
    Simple Sitemaps for Multisite
    Multisite Theme Manager which will help me update the sites on my network.
    Help, Support and FAQ theme as a separate blog on the network.

Finally, I would like them to log into their website from my site. To do this do i need the Set "Password" plugin, or do i simply use the membership plugin so i can use recurring payments. To many options lol

I almost think going with the WHMCS MU intergration andProvisioning plug in with the pro sites theme would be more effective, what do you think?

PS. can we make this thread of our public to get the community 's opinion?

• Tyler Postle

Hey Bluehatseo,

Hope you're doing well today!

Then i need the domain mapping plugin, or WordPress MU Domain Mapping? which one is better/eassier ?

I haven't actually used WordPress MU Domain Mapping. Even before becoming staff, I was a member here and WPMU DEV Domain Mapping always worked for me so I never needed to try any other :slight_smile:

So, I would recommend ours.

I almost think going with the WHMCS MU intergration andProvisioning plug in with the pro sites theme would be more effective, what do you think?

I would use just Pro Sites instead of WHMCS and Pro Sites, it's more simple to setup and keeps everything right inside your WordPress dashboard :slight_smile:

Pro Sites has more than enough options by itself to fit most users needs.

It will work well with all the plugins you've listed above. It also handles the payment, so you don't need the Membership plugin.

If you want any sort of social aspect to the network then you can add in BuddyPress too.

and yes New Blog Templates will make designing the sites much easier! You will only have to create a template then every new site can be setup on that template so it's pre-setup for your users. Or you can create several templates and let your users choose between them :slight_smile:

Hope this helps! Look forward to hearing your thoughts on this.

All the best,
    Tyler

PS. This post is public :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.