I understand that going into Appearance > Widgets > YOUR

I understand that going into Appearance > Widgets > YOUR SIDEBAR AREA > Search for "Meta" and remove it by dragging it out of sidebar area can remove the widgets. However, I would like to go wordpess core and into a the file and delete the code that creates the links under the meta title, do you know what file is this thanks.

• Rupok

Hi Orlando

Hope you had a wonderful day.

I would like to go wordpess core and into a the file and delete the code that creates the links under the meta title, do you know what file is this

Meta widget is generated by "/wp-includes/widgets/class-wp-widget-meta.php" file, but I will suggest NOT to edit WordPress core files. There are lots of plugins for customizing the meta widget without modifying WordPress Core Files. You can rebrand meta widget with our Ultimate Branding plugin with "Rebrand Meta Widget" module. Or if you want detailed change, install this plugin and go to "Dashboard > Plugins > Editor > Select "Customize Meta Widget" from top right dropdown" and edit the plugin file as your heart want to modify default meta widget.

Please let us know if you have any confusion. We will be glad to help further if required.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Rupok

Hi Orlando

Hope you had a wonderful day.

I would to take out all the links under the meta title the site admin, log out, entries rss, comment rss. is this possible?

Well, in that case, I think you will have to follow the second way I mentioned:

if you want detailed change, install this plugin and go to "Dashboard > Plugins > Editor > Select "Customize Meta Widget" from top right dropdown" and edit the plugin file as your heart want to modify default meta widget.

It will work in Multisite too.

Let us know if you have any confusion. We will be glad to help.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.