I updated Appointments+ today and now my calendar is a mess.

I updated Appointments+ today and now when someone goes to my calendar it looks terrible... like the weeks are squished together or something. Please see attached screen shot.

Kasia Swiderska

Hello brightfuture333,

This is weird issue there - I tested your shortcodes on my site and they show perfect calendar on Appointments+ 2.0.
    On your site it looks like generating calendar went wrong because it puts all the days in one row. There is no errors in browser console.

Appointments+ 2.0 had lots of changes and it is possible that after update it started conflicting with something.
    Please run a quick plugin/theme conflict test as illustrated in getting support manual (flowchart). Let me know how it goes.
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

If that will not give us positive results please enable debug mode in your WordPress. To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add yet one more similar line:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

Depending on whether you want your errors to be only logged or also displayed on the screen you should also have this line there, immediately after the line mentioned above:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it. I would need then to see contents of the debug.log file - so please upload it to dropbox like a service a past link here.

kind regards,
    Kasia

brightfuture333

Hi Kasia,
    Thanks for your help.
    I have setup the debugging and since my clients aren't able to make an appointment anyway, I have allowed the debugging on the appointment page (http://sundibright.com/make-an-appointment/). It seems that I'd have to keep uploading the debug file to a dropbox otherwise, no? It seems this is a consistent error coming from the page/site: Notice: Array to string conversion in /home/sundibright/public_html/wp-content/plugins/appointments/includes/class-app-worker.php on line 1069.

Let me know if there is anything else you need.
    Thanks much.
    Sundi

MarkBarrettCA

I've have the same problem with all the calendar dates appearing to be on one row. I see that on the pre-version 2 Calendar+, each week was wrapped in a <TR></TR> table row like below:

<tr>
    <td class="notpossible app_blocked" title="January 8, 2017">
    <td class="notpossible app_blocked" title="January 9, 2017">
    <td class="notpossible app_blocked" title="January 10, 2017">
    <td class="notpossible app_blocked" title="January 11, 2017">
    <td class="notpossible app_blocked" title="January 12, 2017">
    <td class="notpossible app_blocked" title="January 13, 2017">
    <td class="notpossible app_blocked" title="January 14, 2017">
    </tr>

In version 2 , all the days of the month within the <tr>
    <tr>
    <td class="no-left-border" colspan="1"> </td>
    <td class="notpossible app_past" title="January 1, 2017">
    <td class="notpossible app_past" title="January 2, 2017">
    <td class="notpossible app_past" title="January 3, 2017">
    <td class="notpossible app_past" title="January 4, 2017">
    <td class="notpossible app_blocked today" title="January 5, 2017">
    <td class="notpossible app_blocked" title="January 6, 2017">
    <td class="notpossible app_blocked" title="January 7, 2017">
    <td class="notpossible app_blocked" title="January 8, 2017">
    <td class="notpossible app_blocked" title="January 9, 2017">
    <td class="notpossible app_blocked" title="January 10, 2017">
    <td class="notpossible app_blocked" title="January 11, 2017">
    <td class="notpossible app_blocked" title="January 12, 2017">
    <td class="notpossible app_blocked" title="January 13, 2017">
    <td class="notpossible app_blocked" title="January 14, 2017">
    <td class="notpossible app_blocked" title="January 15, 2017">
    <td class="notpossible app_blocked" title="January 16, 2017">
    <td class="notpossible app_blocked" title="January 17, 2017">
    <td class="notpossible app_blocked" title="January 18, 2017">
    <td class="free" title="January 19, 2017">
    <td class="notpossible notworking" title="January 20, 2017">
    <td class="free" title="January 21, 2017">
    <td class="free" title="January 22, 2017">
    <td class="notpossible notworking" title="January 23, 2017">
    <td class="free" title="January 24, 2017">
    <td class="free" title="January 25, 2017">
    <td class="free" title="January 26, 2017">
    <td class="notpossible notworking" title="January 27, 2017">
    <td class="free" title="January 28, 2017">
    <td class="free" title="January 29, 2017">
    <td class="notpossible notworking" title="January 30, 2017">
    <td class="free" title="January 31, 2017">
    <td class="no-right-border" colspan="3"> </td>
    </tr>

MarkBarrettCA

I believe the variable $this->start_of_week in the function get_monthly_calendar in appointments.php is not properly initialized. It seems to always be -1 and therefore the code condition below is never met, therefore not terminating the week row and starting another.

if ($this->start_of_week == $dow)
    $ret .= '</tr><tr>';

Unfortunately, I don't know how to fix, but I'm sure whoever codes this plug-in can verify and correct.

Nithin

Hey brightfuture333, MarkBarrettCA

Hope you are all are doing good today.

MarkBarrettCA, Great!! Thanks for providing a quick workaround, sending some points on the way for sharing the solution

Now, I'm wondering, however, about all those other errors that show up in the log when I enable debugging: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkfdRzj96PMwgc8Iy48DWL_lJ1GCnw

This is more of a notice message meant for debugging, and it shouldn't break your website, or cause any issue with the plugins functionality. If you are still looking to remove the mentioned notices, please find the attached file, you can replace the file class-app-worker.php with the attached one, in the following path /wp-content/plugins/appointments/includes/.

Have a great weekend.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin