I upgraded to 3.9 as prompted. In doing so it deleted my

I upgraded to 3.9 as prompted. In doing so it deleted my custom login.PHP CSS it was done with a5 custom login plugin. So I decided to use WPMU's custom login which is found on your site here https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/create-a-custom-wordpress-login-page/

I have followed it to the letter but stopped after trying to place an image, the attempt to change the color background did not work
I created a "login folder" and placed in the code provided, I also placed the code provided for the functions.PHP file. The login page did not not change. It is still there so that I guess is a good sign but why will nothing change no color no logo. If someone could help that would be great.

Mike

• Patrick

Hey there @Mike

I hope you are having a great day!

Did you upload your login-styles.css file to the "login" folder you created?

Did you add the call to login-styles.css to your functions.php file?

If you just copy/pasted from that article, you may have a problem with the code you added to functions.php because the tags are improperly rendered on that article. Here's the correct code to add to your functions.php file:

function custom_login_css() {
    echo '<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="'.get_stylesheet_directory_uri().'/login/login-styles.css" />';
    }
    add_action('login_head', 'custom_login_css');

Note the
    "<" and ">"
    instead of
    &lt and &gt

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.