Bug parameter domain mapping - redirection & sending emails

hello,

I use the plugin domainmapping for 1 year and I have never had a problem, however I recently changed server (ubuntu & plesk & wordpress 4.1 multisite) & and since the settings are not the same and I encounter two problems main:

1 / redirection from running properly to the domain name, for this to work I have to enter the domain name in plesk before that the domain name was redirected with the plugin

2 / I parameter only the A field in the DNS domain (for example, website.com A 112.585.96) yet the submission form emails from the domain name to an email domain (example: contact @ website com) does not work.

Is what I missed a step in the setup? then I fixed this?

Thank you for your help.

• Ash

Hello @Alexandre

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

redirection from running properly to the domain name, for this to work I have to enter the domain name in plesk before that the domain name was redirected with the plugin

Yes, if the network domain has any dedicated IP, then the mapped domain can be pointed to that IP. Otherwise, the mapped domain needs to be added as add on domain in current plesk hosting.

I parameter only the A field in the DNS domain (for example, website.com A 112.585.96) yet the submission form emails from the domain name to an email domain (example: contact @ website com) does not work.

Do you mean the email for mapped domain? Well, domain mapping plugin deals with A records and you don't need A record to configure email, you will need MX record for email configuration.

Does that domain have any other hosting associated?

If you please explain a little more with an example, would be pretty helpful.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.