I use your affiliate plugin with membership plugin. I have

Hello,

I use your affiliate plugin with membership plugin. I have activated the membership plugin in add-ons.

I don't understand how I can create a new affiliate. I have few menus in the plugin and one menu in user. But I haven't a button for create a new affiliate.

I have access to many statistiques only.

I have read your documentation on this page : https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wordpress-mu-affiliate/#usage

But I don't understand how create new affiliate.

Can you make it clear to me please ?

Nicolas

PS : I'm sorry for my approximate english.

• aristath

Hello there @nicolas_moricet, I hope you're well today!

From the plugin's usage page:

Besides full access to the Affiliates Plugin features in the Admin Panel, you can use any of the following shortcodes within your posts or pages to provide front-end access as well.

[affiliatelogincheck] – place this at the top of the page that you are planning on using the rest of the shortcodes on and it will display a login message if the user isn’t logged in.
    [affiliateuserdetails] – mirrors the affiliate details form from the admin area (yellow box)
    [affiliatestatstable] – mirrors the large click statistics table
    [affiliatevisitstable] – mirrors the referrers this month table
    [affiliatetopvisitstable] – mirrors the top referrers table
    [affiliatestatschart] – mirrors the main statistics charts
    [affiliatevisitschart] – mirrors the referrers charts
    [affiliatebanners] – displays the banners you add to your affiliate settings

If the user isn’t logged in then none of the shortcodes will output anything (except for the top one).

You should create a new page on your site and enter these shortcodes.
    When a user visits that page, they will be able to become affiliates on their own.
    You don't create affiliates with this plugin... You allow your users to become one.

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

• Paul

@nicolas_moricet,

Ok, why you haven't add this option (admin create affiliate) ?

Actually that logic is already part of the Affiliate plugin. In Affiliate you don't 'create' an affiliate. It is simply an option for the existing WP users. Log into your site as a non-admin user. Say someone at the editor or author role level. When you go to the Users menu section you will see the 'Affiliate Referrals' sub-menu. On this page at the top is a section (little yellow banner) asking if the user wants to become an affiliate. Click the 'edit' button on the far right or chat box. The box expands and there is a drop down where the WP user agrees to become an affiliate. They can also optionally enter their PayPal account.

So as you can see above the functionality is therefor existing WP users where they need to op-in for your affiliate program.

We have seen many request to auto enable bulk WP users into the affiliate system. It just does not seem logic to us.

• Charlie Pryor

The affiliate plugin doesn't create users. It allows existing users to become affiliates. Every member can be an affiliate right away, they simply have to turn it on.

If you want them to pay attention to affiliate information right after login, have them register with membership on a free Access level, and then use the Login Redirect plugin to navigate their browser to the affiliate details as soon as they login. That way, it's right in their face when they register and login.

The affiliates plugin is a tool for users to use, not a tool to create them.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.