I waited for an hour for the live chat option to come

I waited for an hour for the live chat option to come available only to learn that I need to buy the gold service option. I have no issue with the $$ and I am excited to use this product, however its like buying the car and then paying to find where to put the key in. I guess I have no choice but to keep paying to get past this locked door. This is probably a basic wordpress issue but I am stuck in the parking lot. I gave it my best effort in reading but most paths lead back to "sales benefit" pages and not instructions or help. I manually compressed the folder which was downloaded and then got a "Successfully Installed" message. Now I get a fatal error message when I try to activate the wpmudev dashboard. It does not crash the site or the course press function (2 course version) thankfully. Looks like I need to hire a WP Technician to get this running. :slight_frown:

• Michelle Shull

Hi, Mike!

I'm happy to help you get your issue sorted, but I'll need a few more details. I may have missed an earlier forum thread of yours, but would you mind getting me up to speed on the issues you're having?

I'm guessing you started with the free version of CoursePress, which you upgraded to Pro, correct? And you're having problems installing our dashboard?

Let's take these one at a time, and feel free to correct me if I'm missing the gist of your issue.

1. For the dashboard, sometimes plugins glitch when they're installed, you should be able to remove it, via your Installed Plugins page, then try reinstalling.

2. For CoursePress, make sure you've deleted the free version before you install the Pro version. All the data you entered in the free version is safe in the database, and Pro will grab and use that data when it's installed.

3. Once the free version of CoursePress is uninstalled, try installing Pro again, either through our Dashboard (if it's working) or by uploading the zip file you can download from the CoursePress page to your site via Plugins > Add New > Upload.

Hope this helps!

• Mike

Thank you Michelle!
    Having your contact here is like air to a drowning man. :slight_smile:

I have since downloaded just the CoursePress folder, then compressed (Zipped) and I am just about to try it the manual way. Thanks for the tip on deleting the free version. I was wondering about my 2 courses.

So should I go back and try the dashboard upload again?

I have also just paid for the upgrade to Gold service to get help on this issue. Does this put us in a live chat?

• Michelle Shull

Hi Mike! Glad to help!

We're not in live chat, but I can make sure to be around to help. You can see our chat schedule here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/live-support/ I sometimes do the Wednesday and Thursday General WordPress chats in the afternoon. The next one is tomorrow morning at 10a EST, with Ari, who is awesome. (We work with a pretty small crew on Sundays, right now I think it's just me in here.)

Go ahead and try the dashboard again, it may have just hiccuped on you, if it doesn't install this time, we'll hit it with a bigger hammer.

Is CoursePress working like it should for you now?

Happy to help! We're here 24 hours a day on the forums, and we love helping newbies get their sea legs.

Take care!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.