I want a global affiliate tracking but I also want to give sites the option of having their own

Ok -- I want to setup an global affiliate tracking system for my main site, membership, and everyone of my city sites...

I also want to make affiliate a pro-site plugin available to new blog creators when they upgrade to the correct level

the getting started directions say

For wordpress multisite installs -- activate blog by blog (say if you wanted to make it a pro-sites prmium pluing) or visit network admin plugins and network activate the plugin --

That makes it sound like it is either or --

Can I setup the main global affiliate tracking -- for multiple of my sites - for instance marketpress, classifieds, directory which are all sub-sites of my main site --

then also offer it as a pro-site plugin

• Tyler Postle

Hey Mindset,

Hope you're doing well today! Thanks for your question.

In this situation, what I would do, is activate Affiliates site by site - that way you are covering everything except Pro Sites. Then for Pro Sites you can use a different affiliate method, such issuing unique coupon codes to anyone who wants to be an affiliate to the main site :slight_smile:

This way you can still easily track it affiliate referrals and just tally them up and payout as needed, while your site by site affiliate tracking is all happening automatically.

Keep in mind that you don't want to activate Membership and Pro Sites on the main site. This is because they both try to take over the registration process. Keep just Pro Sites on the main site then have a subsite for your Membership content :slight_smile: ie. membership.domain.com.

Let me know what you think of this!

Have a great rest of your day.

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.