I want my custom post to have Gutenberg as a editor

I want my custom post to have Gutenberg as editor for custom post type "timeline_items". I tried following this article, but it doesn't seem to work .https://www.cloudways.com/blog/gutenberg-wordpress-custom-post-type/

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hello Peter,

Can you tell me where exactly you have registered this post type? I've checked the fucntions.php of the theme that is used on your main site and code for this type post is not there.
    To add Gutenberg support it needs to be done where the post was registered.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Peter Fae
    • New Recruit

I'm not sure what *where* this post type was registered is meant. If you can explain that I would be happy to provide that info 'cause getting this done is uber-important to me :slight_smile:

note - I did look into the functions.php file on the SFTP, and added some code, but it didn't take. I wondered if perhaps I didn't list the CPT the right way or somesuch. So, not sure what you're asking in my ignorance, but willing to learn :slight_smile:

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Peter Fae,

My colleague Patrick Cohen searched through all your server files for the "create_posttype" function call which should register custom post types, but he could not find anything. It probably was created with a more strange way.

To enable Gutenberg support for that post type, at first we need to find out where that custom post type is registered. To narrow down the possibilities, can you please disable all your plugins and then check if that custom post type is still available. If yes, then probably your theme is registering that post type. If not, please enable your plugins one by one and check at which point the custom post type becomes available. Most probably that plugin is registering that post type.

Please let us know the result. I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Regards,
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.