I want my Events page to look like the one you show

I want my Events page to look like the one you show in the slideshow - The list of upcoming events on the left side with the calendar in the right widget. How do I set up my page like that?

• Tyler Postle

Hey Amy,

Hope you're doing well today and welcome to the WPMU DEV Community!

Just add the "Upcoming Events" and "Calendar Upcoming" widgets to your sidebar :slight_smile: then you should be good to go.

In the image the posts in the main content are just standard posts, but long as your theme supports a sidebar, then it should display for your events archive page as well. You may need to change the events archive template used in your Events+ Appearance settings.

Hope this helps and let us know if you need any further assistance.

All the best,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Chris,

Sorry for the delay here.

Are you referring to the same screenshot above? "The Hello Sequence" and "Alberta Cross" entries?

Those aren't actually Events at all, they are just blog post entries - the Events part of that screenshot are the widgets on the sidebar.

As for the Events archive page yoursite.com/events/ - it will attempt to use styles from your theme; however, that doesn't always turn out well depending on the theme.

I'd suggest overriding the default appearance. My personal favorite is the "Calendar" archive page.

If you're referring to a single events page then could you provide a link so I can have a look at it?

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Chris, no problem - I'll pass that onto our usage/product page writer.

I'd recommend trying out some of our newer/re-designed products such as Hummingbird, Defender, WP Smush Pro, Hustle, among others. If you haven't already. That should give you a better idea of where we are going with our products in terms of design/feel :slight_smile:

We are slowly working through some of our more popular older products to get them up to the same standard as our recent work; however, it's on a popularity basis so I'm not sure when/if Events+ will make it. Slide-in and Popup functionality has been combined into Hustle and we'll be adding more features to it so it will eventually fully take over those two products.

Cheers,
      Tyler