Social Marketing: own button to activate the Share options without the box

I want to use my own button to activate the sharing options.

http://www.arpchurch.com/?attachment_id=1829

I don't want the box, the title of my Social Advert visible or a button with text. I want my jpeg to activate the whole thing.

Can we work toward this solution?

• 3SixtyEvolve

Hi @tonylocke

Greetings from the WPMU DEV Support Team and thank you for being a member!

For this you would have to play around a bit with the settings. First of all, you can have a look at what other members of our Community did and see if this can assist you in getting the style and settings you're looking for.

CSS Improvments for Coupon
    Posts any image for the thumbnail
    Dynamically populate coupon code field

We can provide support with the Plugin itself and with basic customization, but your request might be a bit beyond our scope of support. However, I will ask the Developer to drop in and provide his input on how you might be able to achieve this.

Have a good day!

GinaB

• 3SixtyEvolve

Hi @tonylocke

Just a quick note to say that we haven't forgotten about you. We're awaiting feedback from the Developer, but he has been extremely busy with a new release of another plugin. So I apologize for the delay in getting back to you.

I will follow up with the Developer again. In the meantime, if you did manage to solve the problem, please let me know.

Thank you in advance for your patience. I will be in touch shortly.

Have a good day!

GinaB

• Anthony R. Locke

I really appreciate that! The plugin is very good progress toward some amazing ideas. It works as intended and looks good.

But, most websites have their own colors and styles. By allowing a jpeg button to activate the same functions, the plugin becomes much more powerful.

The automatic button creation is helpful to beginners, but most of us on this website are a little more nuanced and intentional, we are more controlling, what we allow on our websites.

• Vladislav

Hi,

One thing you may want to try is to supply your own CSS for the plugin output, which may work well for your scenario - you can do that by declaring this in you theme's functions.php:

add_theme_support("wdsm");

After that, the plugin won't load a stylesheet on its own - your theme will have to provide all styling for it. This will give you more or less total control over how the parts of the output is displayed. Also, if that doesn't work for your scenario, you can customize the way code works, as in this thread:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/need-help-with-social-marketing#post-187022

The linked post also contains some explanations and a code sample that might get you started in the right direction.

• aecnu

Greetings tonylocke,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

• Anthony R. Locke

Joe, I am very impressed you responded to my request after the conversation went dead. If that's a reflection on the future of wpmudev then congrats on your future success.

I have not had any help to make this happen.

Allowing me to place some code before my own jpeg isn't as user friendly as this solution. Even a novice can make this work for them. I appreciate that.

I would like to take it the next step by making cool jpegs which launch the plugin functions.

Let me know if there is a simple hack or some code which would make that happen. I think the developer of the plugin would know. Shouldn't be that hard.

Blessings to you for being this involved with your clients.

• 3SixtyEvolve

Hi Tony

Apologies for not responding since the Developer's post. Please let me know how I can assist further. I would really like to see you a happy member of WPMU DEV and if that's not the case, I would like to change your perception. I take my support role very serious and believe that, at the end of the day it should add value to each member's life, so if I didn't succeed in that, I apologize and I would like to improve on that.

I can ask the Developer to have another look and see if there is anything else we can do. If it's more of a customization issue, it goes a bit beyond the regular plugin support, but then we can indicate that to you, in which case you can always add a project on our 'Find Developers' page.

At the end of the day, I would just like to see you a happy member. That's my aim.

Have a good day and wish you all the best!

GinaB