I want the demo store

I signed up because I liked this demo: http://wp-ecommerce.org/

Is there somewhere with a list of all the plugins that this uses? I have everything bare to the bones, I didn't realize that even the navigation bar would be a plugin... I don't know where to start looking for it

THanks in advance!

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi dontretail and welcome to WPMU DEV!

I believe what you may be looking for is simply the FrameMarket theme, available here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/frame-market-theme

What you'll want to do is follow the instructions for installing that as well as the child theme, GridMarket, included in the /themes/ folder.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/frame-market-theme/installation/

That essentially should do it, as that's really all the demonstration site is built using. If you have any questions on that, I'll be happy help, just let me know! :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    David

• DotcomCowgirl
    • New Recruit

Hi DavidM

The MarketPress demo as well as the FrameMarket Demo and the WP-Ecommerce.org demo are all the same = the one shown on WPMU DEV as "Gridmarket" which makes for a bit of confusion.

So, for a fully functional MarketPlace enabled site --> to get the end result of a virtual mall that "creates a social marketplace, where you can take a percentage!" --

then, confirm please that I need to install, in order:

** Multi-Site - assume MarketPress works with Sub-Directories?
    ** Buddypress ( any special config settings to work with MarketPress?)
    ** MarketPress (using it's install instructions as per it's plugin page)
    ** WP-Ecommerce plugin (-- is this required??? Or does it just import data from other WP-ecommerce enabled WP sites??)
    ** FrameMarket and its child theme GridMarket ( any special config to work with MarketPress?)
    ** The "Supporter" plugin to allow theme choices for site Users in FrameMarket

to get a multisite setup with all the features and the theme design shown on the MarketPress demo.

Can you confirm/clarify install items above and order of install and add to that list of steps if needed?

Thanks so much!
    Haylie

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Haylie and welcome to WPMU DEV!

Let's see how we can clarify this. If you don't mind, I'll just revamp your list slightly.

For a complete Multi-store network, you'll need:
    ** Multi-Site (MarketPress works equally well with sub-directories or sub-domains)
    ** MarketPress
    ** FrameMarket and its child theme GridMarket (nothing further needed here)

** The "Supporter" plugin to allow theme choices for site

Supporter wouldn't be required for the above scenario unless you wish to provide a premium service, where you provide premium themes/plugins at a cost.

BuddyPress is completely optional and would only be needed if you'd like social networking features built into your site.

WP e-Commerce is a separate plugin that wouldn't be needed for MarketPress to work. If you've already used that plugin and would like to port over your store products, that can be done with the latest MarketPress import feature.

How would that work for ya?

-David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.