I want to add a interview function for employers

I have a job board that I am trying to add a video interview function to. I want the employer to be able to ask a few questions and then the employee be able to video reply and that video get saved in the employer's area. Can someone point me in the right direction to creat this.

Thank you

• Tyler Postle

Hey Clay,

Hope you're doing well today!

Are you wanting the video to be recorded through functionality on your site? Or have them just upload a video that they have already recorded.

Is this through an on-site messaging system where they will be communicating or are the questions going to be pre-set when they apply?

Just wanting to get a better idea of the situation here, will help finding what the best solution would be :slight_smile:

Look forward to hearing back Clay!

Cheers,
    Tyler

PS. You have likely already seen this plugin, or might be using it already, but just wanted to post it in-case it gives you any further ideas for your plan here: http://wordpress.org/plugins/job-manager/

• Clay

basically,
    I would like the employer to be able to select applicants that they would like to interview and send them a page. That way when we set up said page they can ask them the questions they want to ask. Then the applicant can click on a button and record their reply. So, yes I would like them to be able to use the sites functionality.

Im thinking video recorder will work but making sure it saves and or displays the list of video's for that employer in his "dashboard" that will be the harder part for me. I dont want the applicants interviews being able to be seen by every employer.

I have checked out that plugin and several others like it. I have a theme im using that has all the functionality on it other than this.

any help you can provide I will be greatful for.

thank you,

Clay

• Michelle Shull

Hi, Clay!

There are a few options for recording video directly from your site, but most them are fairly expensive, and I don't see one with a WordPress plugin.

This looked like the most popular service: http://hdfvr.com/

As for saving videos only for certain users, I think that's where it's going to get tricky, as you suspect. One option would be to have the applicants use a custom post type you'll create for applications, then password protect those posts, with the employer having the only password.

This might also be possible with a private messaging system, but you'd have to link the applicant and the employer in some way in order to allow them to contact each other privately.

Ultimately, I think this is possible, but incredibly complex. Have you thought about hiring a dev from our Jobs Board to work through this with you?

It's a really cool idea, I've never seen anything quite like this in a WordPress site. I'd love to hear about your progress in achieving this.

Take care.

• Michelle Shull

Hi Clay!

The first steps would be to find a video recorder you like and that's in your price range.

Next, make sure your current host/server will allow you to stream video. Not all servers are set up to do this (video takes a lot of resources), so it's a good idea to make sure your host will let you do this.

Next, to make meeting with a developer go as efficiently as possible, create a detailed outline of exactly what you want your service to do. How will it look to employers? How will it look to the potential employees? What will the user experience be from start to finish?

These three steps will make sure you don't hit any hiccups on the path to working with a developer, and that the project won't take any more time (or money!) than it has to.

Hope this helps, and have a great weekend!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.